HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So, Have I Got This Right...

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:03 PM

So, Have I Got This Right? Regarding The Michigan State Legislators That Visited Trump Today...

Trump wants to overturn the Presidential Election results in Michigan by convincing the Republican legislators to discount the popular vote, and appoint faithless Electors that will vote for Trump. A month ago, the Trump syndicate was floating this idea as a far-fetched plan that they could implement if the vote was VERY close in a swing state that had a Republican State government. The plan would be to have a close count, then flood the zone with bullshit about election fraud, then claim there's no ACCURATE way to determine the ACTUAL vote, so they'd just let the State government settle it.

Well...the vote WASN'T close, and they were unable to prove any 'fraud,' but what the heck...Trump would rather pull a half-assed coup d'etat than wear an orange jump suit...so he pulls the ripcord!

He summons the Republican Michigan State Senate Majority Leader, and House Speaker, like whistling for a couple of sheep dogs, and has a meeting with them.

Instead of saying "WE WANT NO PART OF THIS! THIS IS IMPROPER INTERFERENCE WITH THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS" they actually SHOW UP for the MEETING!

Furthermore, they know how the CROOK in the White House operates, given his attempt to blackmail Ukraine into helping him cheat on the election. So, they do this, instead...

"We're not AWARE of any reason why we should overturn a legitimate election. But we'd like you to do us a favor, though. Everybody is talking about the COVID. We're just going to leave this letter here, asking for more COVID-19 relief funding, and if some money should happen to fall off the back of a truck..."

I guess they could CLAIM that they never had any intent of overturning the election results, but thought it wouldn't hurt to grift some more Covid-19 money out of Donald 'Fat Tony' Trump. But wouldn't it have been better for them to just say "why do you want to see us, and have a nice quiet little chat? If it's about overturning the election, we're not interested!"

4 replies, 1225 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply So, Have I Got This Right? Regarding The Michigan State Legislators That Visited Trump Today... (Original post)
TrollBuster9090 Friday OP
rustysgurl Friday #1
50 Shades Of Blue Friday #2
TrollBuster9090 Saturday #3
wishstar Saturday #4

Response to TrollBuster9090 (Original post)

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:09 PM

1. Gutless wonders. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 20, 2020, 09:10 PM

2. Their going to the Covid hothouse to meet personally with Trump after the Wayne Board of

Canvassers drama looks suspicious no matter how you slice it!

Reply to this post

Response to 50 Shades Of Blue (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 21, 2020, 03:31 AM

3. The fact that they're staying in the Trump Hotel slices it in the WORST possible way, too. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 21, 2020, 05:45 AM

4. But they trolled him by asking for Covid help and saying they've seen nothing to overturn election

This was a blow to him along with Georgia's certification yesterday when he claimed on twitter he had won and would overturn.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread