HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Facebook admits it 'impro...

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 08:08 PM

Facebook admits it 'improperly' blocked some political ads due to 'technical issues'

as Joe Biden's campaign slams it for being 'wholly unprepared'

Facebook admitted on Thursday that it "improperly" restricted or paused some political and social issue ads due to technical glitches with its ad review systems.

In a blog post Thursday evening, Facebook said that "technical flaws... caused a number of ads from a wide range of advertisers to be paused improperly, and prevented advertisers from making permissible changes to their ads."

"While this impacted a small proportion of the ads about politics and social issues in our system, we regret any disruption in the delivery of these ads during this period," the company said. "We have implemented changes to fix these issues, and most political ads are now running without any problems."

Facebook announced in early September that it wouldn't accept new ads in the week before the election, and said Thursday that the restriction kicked in Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. PT. But due to a combination of technical issues with its automated systems that review ads as well as a lack of clarity in communicating nuances of the election week policy to advertisers, some ads were paused or restricted incorrectly, the company said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/facebook-admits-improperly-blocked-political-031826741.html

How much of your work are you offshoring to save money Zuckerberg? You could afford better programmers.

3 replies, 396 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Facebook admits it 'improperly' blocked some political ads due to 'technical issues' (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 30 OP
Iliyah Oct 30 #1
catrose Oct 30 #2
CurtEastPoint Oct 30 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 08:10 PM

1. B U L L S H I T

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 08:19 PM

2. I just watched the last season of Elementary, which included a new nemesis, a Zuck-like figure

who knew everything you were doing digitally and decided when someone needed to be murdered because they were going to do something awful, sort of a PKD pre-crime system. I enjoyed his downfall.

Reply to this post

Response to catrose (Reply #2)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 09:08 PM

3. That was a good series and loved that story arc.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread