Tales from volunteering at my county's Democratic Party office.
1. Guy calls the police because his 8x12 foot giant Biden/Harris sign in his front yard was ripped to shreds. After he tells his story to the dispatcher, she responds, You must be one of those people who want to defund the police. Bottom line, the police dont care one damn bit about his BH sign.
2. We have a big map of our semi-rural/ rural red county on a corkboard in the office. Every time anyone comes in to replace a stolen or defaced Democratic sign, we ask them to put a push pin on their location on the map. There are hundreds and hundreds of pins in the map. And these are just from the people that came into the office. Local Republicans are angry and scared, Im guessing.
3. I worked in the office in the months prior to the election in 2016. The contrast between then and now is quite remarkable. The volume of people coming into the office now for Democratic signs, flags, hats, pins, etc or just to talk to other Dems. is 4-5 times more than in 2016! Some days we can barely keep up with the volume of people. And the enthusiasm is very high. So take heart, fellow Dems! From my perspective, were looking pretty good! (But I know it aint over till its over, so not counting the chickens just yet) Im cautiously optimistic.
Its the first time I've ever seen ads for him. Our district is very red so they must be scared.
Trump hates that. So it must be worth repeating.
here is how I see it.
1. God damn fucking right I want to defund these racist assholes. Let's try something that does not kill and imprison one group of citizens disproportionately over all others.
2. I hope they are fucking scared, they have very good reason to be. Hope they are shitting bricks.
3. Get out the fucking vote like your life depends on it. It fucking does.
Adding a 4.
4. Getting the current m'fer out of office is not the end. But, if we are diligent and smart, it could be the beginning of the end.