HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » AOC Says She Woke Up to S...

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 01:35 PM

AOC Says She Woke Up to Stacks of Photos From FBI Showing 'People Who Want to Kill' Her

"I used to wake up in the morning and literally get a stack of pictures that were forwarded by Capitol police or FBI. Like, 'These are the people who want to kill you today,' " AOC told Vanity Fair this week.

The hate extended to her family, including her brother, Gabriel, who would receive calls from the FBI warning him not to open his mail due to bomb threats, according to the publication. Other targets of abuse include the designer of her Cesar Chavez–inspired campaign posters, who would receive death threats, and her former dean at Boston University, who would regularly receive emails calling him the n-word.

https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-says-she-woke-stacks-photos-fbi-showing-people-who-want-kill-her-15428

Ugh, how awful. What the fuck is WRONG with these right-wing assholes?

I suppose a bold young woman of color who speaks out forcefully and doesn’t accept their shit really “triggers” them.

2 replies, 633 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply AOC Says She Woke Up to Stacks of Photos From FBI Showing 'People Who Want to Kill' Her (Original post)
DTomlinson Oct 28 OP
mr_lebowski Oct 28 #1
DTomlinson Oct 28 #2

Response to DTomlinson (Original post)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 01:38 PM

1. Deplorables was the correct term ...

Also, why the 'past tense'?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 01:39 PM

2. Not sure why the past tense. I somehow doubt that AOC no longer receives tons of threats.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread