HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is there any data as to t...

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 10:02 AM

Is there any data as to the percentage of Independent/Unaffiliated that are voting Democratic?

4 replies, 506 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is there any data as to the percentage of Independent/Unaffiliated that are voting Democratic? (Original post)
idziak4ever1234 Oct 2020 OP
Claustrum Oct 2020 #1
LizBeth Oct 2020 #3
idziak4ever1234 Oct 2020 #2
Amishman Oct 2020 #4

Response to idziak4ever1234 (Original post)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 10:05 AM

1. This is a tweet from Nate Cohn and Nate Silver

Nate Cohn: In our final Times/Siena survey of Nevada, voters who weren't registered as either D/R reported backing Biden by 7 points, 46-39. They said they voted for Trump over Clinton 42-35.

Nate Silver: For example, Biden lost independents by 13 points in Nevada in 2016, per the exit poll there. This year, he leads them by 3 points, in an average of the last 6 polls of the state. That amounts to a net 6 point swing to Biden.

It's not official data but polling data from NV. For Nate Silver tweet, I don't know why it's Biden losing in 2016 (I think it should be Hillary).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Claustrum (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 11:17 AM

3. +1. Good to read. I was thinking this too, just hadn't seen any data.

Reply to this post

Response to idziak4ever1234 (Original post)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

2. Thank you! I'm hoping that this group will form a "gray" wave that will move in our direction.

Reply to this post

Response to idziak4ever1234 (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 28, 2020, 11:49 AM

4. I think this is the most likely scenario.

We're seeing very high turnouts from both parties, which will largely offset. Most polls have indies breaking our way, which will me the deciding factor in a bunch of states.

As I keep saying, when we get the senate and white house, we need to remember this. Push subjects that are too controversial, and those same independents that elected and are about to trash Trump can turn on us as well.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread