HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » NY-24: John Katko at fina...

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:25 PM

NY-24: John Katko at final debate: 'I'm not Donald Trump.' You endorsed him, Dana Balter replies

Rep. John Katko used the final debate of the 2020 campaign today to distance himself from Donald Trump, promising voters that he will always be an independent voice for Central New York.

Katko, R-Camillus, made his comments after he was asked in a WSYR-TV (Channel 9) debate whether his election rematch against Democrat Dana Balter of Syracuse should be a referendum on Trump.

Katko noted that a Siena College | syracuse.com poll published today found 14% of Joe Biden’s voters in the 24th Congressional District are splitting their ticket to vote for the congressman. Only 1% of Trump voters plan to vote for Balter.

“That tells you they are rejecting her unbelievable attempts to try and make this election about Donald Trump,” Katko said. “I’m not Donald Trump. People know that…I am an independent individual and I’m recognized as such.”

The new poll found Biden leads Trump, 53-39%, among likely voters in the four-county congressional district, less than 10 days before the election.

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/cny/2020/10/john-katko-at-final-debate-im-not-donald-trump-you-endorsed-him-dana-balter-replies.html

0 replies, 613 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread