HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A White House lawyer on t...

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 07:53 PM

A White House lawyer on the public payroll was part of a scheme to deliver Hunter Biden emails...

Tweet text: Angry Staffer
@AngrierWHStaff
Well, that’s a crime

Matthew Gertz
@MattGertz
A White House lawyer on the public payroll was part of a scheme to deliver Hunter Biden emails to the WSJ, per latest from @benyt https://nytimes.com/2020/10/25/business/media/hunter-biden-wall-street-journal-trump.html?referringSource=articleShare

7 replies, 889 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply A White House lawyer on the public payroll was part of a scheme to deliver Hunter Biden emails... (Original post)
Nevilledog Oct 25 OP
The Magistrate Oct 25 #1
PTWB Oct 25 #6
crickets Oct 25 #2
CatMor Oct 25 #3
C_U_L8R Oct 25 #4
Gothmog Oct 25 #5
crimycarny Oct 25 #7

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:04 PM

1. If That Doesn't Trigger The Hatch Act, Ma'am

I can't imagine what would.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:22 PM

6. These folks need to be prosecuted.

If Biden tries to forgive them in the name of healing I’ll be sorely disappointed. We must make an example of them so that this never, ever happens again.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:06 PM

2. Has the list of crimes

gotten long enough to reach to the moon and back yet? Just idly wondering.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:07 PM

3. The lawyer remains close to Kushner ...

Kushner is another one I can't wait to see gone. He deserves some prison time like his daddy had.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:15 PM

4. In a parallel universe, a miscreant lawyer might be disbarred

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:17 PM

5. White House lawyer part of scheme to smear Hunter Biden -- but not even the WSJ would buy it: NYT

This plot fell apart and has come out https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/white-house-lawyer-part-of-scheme-to-smear-hunter-biden-but-not-even-the-wsj-would-buy-it-nyt/

Giuliani delivered a cache of questionable documents containing some of the same emails to The New York Post, a sister publication to The Wall Street Journal, in Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Giuliani was then joined by former Trump aide Steve Bannon, who also began leaking some of the same emails to favored right-wing pundits.

“Giuliani’s complicated claim that the emails came from a laptop Hunter Biden had abandoned, and his refusal to let some reporters examine the laptop, cast a pall over the story — as did The Post’s reporting, which alleged but could not prove that Joe Biden had been involved in his son’s activities,” The New York Times reported.

Trump further sullied his name with The Wall Street Journal when he told his aides that an “important piece” in the publication would be coming soon.

“The editors didn’t like Trump’s insinuation that we were being teed up to do this hit job,” a reporter with the newspaper said.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 08:22 PM

7. At first I read that as Matthew Gaetz

I was thinking “Wait, what?? Why would Matthew Gaetz tweet this? This would reflect poorly on the White House. What am I missing?” Then I finally realized the name was Matthew Gertz.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread