HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » LA Times: Trump's childre...

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 06:55 PM

LA Times: Trump's children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden's son

The fictional Hunter Biden conspiracies just do not hold a candle to the reality of Trump's children acting as his personal bag men around the world. This tells you how bad Trump is doing if he would rather focus on corruption, rather than his handling of pandemic and the economy.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-10/trumps-adult-children-do-business-overseas-as-president-slams-biden

Eric Trump and his older brother, Donald Trump Jr., run the Trump Organization, which conducts business — and takes in tens of millions of dollars annually — around the globe and is still owned by the president. The company is forging ahead with projects in Ireland, India, Indonesia and Uruguay, and is licensing the Trump name in such turbulent areas as Turkey and the Philippines.

Their sister Ivanka is a senior advisor to the president. She kept her international fashion business going for 18 months after she was given a loosely defined White House portfolio that includes interacting with heads of state and working with domestic and international corporate chiefs on economic programs.

On the same day Trump and his daughter dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago in Florida in April 2017, China awarded her three preliminary trademark approvals for jewelry, handbags and spa services. In all, she has obtained more than a dozen Chinese trademarks since entering the White House, ensuring her access to the world’s second-largest economy if she goes back into business.

Time and again, Trump’s children have blurred the lines of family, nation and business — essentially the charge the president makes against the Bidens as he battles a House impeachment inquiry focused on whether he improperly pushed Ukraine to investigate his political rivals for what he claims were shady dealings. Trump’s children “appear to people all over the world to be his bagmen,” said Richard Painter, who served as White House ethics czar under President George W. Bush. “This is the Trump business empire. It’s owned by Donald Trump, the president, and they are managing it for him and collecting business on his behalf.”

9 replies, 2050 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply LA Times: Trump's children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden's son (Original post)
TomCADem Oct 2020 OP
NoRoadUntravelled Oct 2020 #1
tavernier Oct 2020 #4
sunonmars Oct 2020 #2
Cha Oct 2020 #3
Willto Oct 2020 #5
keithbvadu2 Oct 2020 #6
catharineg Oct 2020 #7
SheltieLover Oct 2020 #8
dchill Oct 2020 #9

Response to TomCADem (Original post)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 07:09 PM

1. If Commando Liar brings up Hunter Biden, I hope Joe brings up this story

in the LA Times. Should be easy enough to deflect tRump's Hunter Biden lie with this piece and the truth will hit its mark.
I hope Joe is reading it right now or makes it part of his notebook.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NoRoadUntravelled (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 08:44 PM

4. I think Joe tries to veer away from any pissing matches

He has the Lincoln project doing that for him

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 07:11 PM

2. The hypocrisy is astounding and I hope Joe flings it right back in their faces.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 07:12 PM

3. TY LA Times.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:05 PM

5. I know

it baffles me that this isn't pointed out more and I hope Biden points it out if trump starts in on Hunter. For gods sake Ivanka was flying all over the world with Trump and conducting business off of Air Force One. She was using Trumps meetings with the heads of foreign governments to get patents for her products. This bunch of grifters trying to attack someone elses family member on these grounds is hypocrisy on par with a klansman calling you a racist.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:13 PM

6. "interacting with heads of state"

Productive interactions?

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:36 PM

7. A lot of projecting in the trump clan

Its said that whatever Gump accuses others of...it's usually something he's doing or recently done

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:38 PM

8. K&R!

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:40 PM

9. Poor Projection, she is so overworked!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread