HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why Marianne Williamson w...

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 12:11 AM

Why Marianne Williamson won't let the haters stop her from casting her strange magic in America

When former Vice President Joe Biden went head-to-head with President Donald Trump in Ohio during the first of three scheduled presidential debates last month, there were a lot of things notably absent that evening.

The debate, the first since the COVID-19 pandemic took the lives of more than 200,000 Americans, featured a sparse, silent, and mostly unmasked audience, an absolute lack of control from moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News, who allowed Trump to openly avoid denouncing white supremacy, and an otherwise glaringly loveless void.

The cacophony of cross-talk, insults, falsehoods, and disruptive distraction tactics adopted by an unruly Trump (so much so that the hashtag #inTRUMPtion quickly began trending on Twitter) was called a "shitshow" and "an assault to our senses" by pundits. CNN correspondent Jake Tapper summed up the 90-minute circus as "a hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck." (Biden, in a rare moment of fed-up-ness, called Trump a "clown."

Following the spectacle, social media was ablaze with commentary, memes, and merchandise. Unsurprisingly, supporters of some of 2020's 27 previous Democratic presidential hopefuls re-emerged to wax nostalgic and envision what it would've been like to see their favorite discarded candidate take on Trump.

Read more: https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/why-marianne-williamson-wont-let-the-haters-stop-her-from-casting-her-strange-magic-in-america/Content?oid=25549428

1 replies, 553 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why Marianne Williamson won't let the haters stop her from casting her strange magic in America (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 18 OP
Silent3 Oct 18 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Oct 18, 2020, 12:39 AM

1. I still think she's crazy...

...and I'd easily reach that conclusion on my own, no supposed media-bias against her required.

I'm not saying she doesn't have any good ideas -- she does -- but too much woo in the mix for my tastes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread