HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Justice Dept. charges Tex...

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 06:41 AM

Justice Dept. charges Texas billionaire with biggest tax fraud case in US history

The Department of Justice has charged a Texas billionaire with the biggest tax fraud case in U.S. history, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Robert Brockman, 79, of Houston and Pitkin County, Colo., faces a 39-count indictment that was unsealed on Thursday and covers a 20-year period, including charges of money laundering, conspiracy, wire fraud and tax evasion.

U.S. Attorney David Anderson announced the grand jury's indictment during a Thursday press conference, saying Brockman was charged with two schemes: a tax-fraud scheme and an investor-fraud scheme.

The CEO of Reynolds and Reynolds, an Ohio-based software company, is accused of hiding about $2 billion in income from the IRS in the tax-fraud scheme ranging from 1999 to 2019. He allegedly hid income from investments in private equity funds in offshore entities based in Bermuda and Nevis.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/521253-justice-dept-charges-texas-billionaire-with-biggest-tax-fraud-case-in-us?amp&__twitter_impression=true

1 replies, 395 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Justice Dept. charges Texas billionaire with biggest tax fraud case in US history (Original post)
JonLP24 Oct 16 OP
SWBTATTReg Oct 16 #1

Response to JonLP24 (Original post)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 06:47 AM

1. Oh oh...trump is going to be so pissed off having this title taken away from him, although after ...

he leaves office, there's still a chance he can still eventually claim this title. If this guy did it (the tax fraud), more than likely, trump too. After all, why does trump have so many companies? To laundry money/hide money, otherwise, why not have just one holding company, which in turn would own the other subsidiaries? And don't give me the crap 'I need one company per state, etc. excuse'.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread