HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Person flying around LAX ...

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:20 PM

Person flying around LAX with a jetpack - any pictures?

I'm sure many of you have heard about the person apparently flying around LAX airport. The person has been spotted by multiple commercial airline pilots on multiple occasions. I read that the person was within 30 yards of an American Airlines plane on final approach (I think) to LAX.

Does anyone know if there is a picture of this person? I would have thought someone would have caught it on video or a pic since there have been so many sightings. However, I haven't seen any online.

Unbelievable, but it seems true: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/jetpack-guy-back-lax-trnd/index.html

4 replies, 419 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Person flying around LAX with a jetpack - any pictures? (Original post)
DonaldsRump Thursday OP
Nevilledog Thursday #1
DonaldsRump Thursday #2
SledDriver Thursday #3
NotASurfer Thursday #4

Response to DonaldsRump (Original post)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:22 PM

1. How is there not video?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Nevilledog (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:25 PM

2. Not sure. I would have thought someone would have taken the video on a phone

It might be that the pilots are getting ready to land, so they have to be totally focused on that. However, this is truly frightening if someone can get with 30 yards of a commercial jet.

Not to mention completely insane.

I'm not planning on doing any flying anytime soon, but I sure hope this is quickly dealt with. It is unbelievably dangerous to all involved.

Reply to this post

Response to Nevilledog (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:32 PM

3. It's Bigfoot doing it

So thereís video, but itís from a distance, kinda brief, and very blurry.

Reply to this post

Response to DonaldsRump (Original post)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:33 PM

4. If that person is not showing up on radar, that's a definite security concern

Bird strikes are serious as it is. Throw in more mass, metal, and propellant, and this is bad.

I'd think there aren't that many jet packs out there capable of that altitude and proper authority should be able to determine the whereabouts of each one. Kind of puzzling in that regard

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread