HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » US tennis: Sam Querrey fa...

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 02:15 PM

US tennis: Sam Querrey faces backlash after family flees Russia in private jet following covid diagn

American tennis player Sam Querrey has fled Russia in a private jet with his wife and son after they all tested positive for the coronavirus and were placed in isolation by government authorities.

Mr Querrey was in St Petersburg for the St Petersburg Open, but he, his wife, and eight-month-old son tested positive for Covid-19 on Sunday, just one day before the main draw play started. When they arrived in the country four days prior, they all tested negative.

After testing positive, the tennis player and his family were asked to isolate together in a hotel room.

Doctors then attempted to examine the family on Monday but Mr Querrey did not open the door for them, saying his baby son was sleeping, the St Petersburg Open wrote in a statement. He and his family then left the hotel prior to the second scheduled examination on Tuesday. ...........(more)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sam-querrey-coronavirus-positive-russia-st-petersburg-open-private-jet-b1049334.html

1 replies, 389 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply US tennis: Sam Querrey faces backlash after family flees Russia in private jet following covid diagn (Original post)
marmar Oct 15 OP
DonaldsRump Oct 15 #1

Response to marmar (Original post)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 02:26 PM

1. That's a tough one

Not sure why he was travelling to Russia with his wife and especially a newborn during a pandemic.

That being said, I'm not sure I would criticize him for what he did after his positive test. It's nice to have access to a private jet, I guess.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread