HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 11:11 AM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (left-of-center2012) on Fri Oct 23, 2020, 09:10 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

6 replies, 565 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Oct 15 OP
genxlib Oct 15 #1
SWBTATTReg Oct 15 #3
Roland99 Oct 15 #2
leftyladyfrommo Oct 15 #4
Backseat Driver Oct 15 #5
Backseat Driver Oct 15 #6

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 11:14 AM

1. This will be Thanksgiving and Christmas

Times 10,000

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to genxlib (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 11:35 AM

3. Really! I wonder what this upcoming Thanksg. and Xmas is going to be like, this year?

The way people are (like these travelers who still traveled across the US, despite the CV epidemic (I and my family would have in no circumstances traveled anywhere to (1) not put ourselves at risk (2) and not put our other family members and friends at risk);

I do compliment the family for revealing this information to the authorities/public, it is kind of embarrassing and goes to show people just how putting others in harms' way by simply traveling ('oh, I have got to see cousin X, etc., etc., etc.!). Good grief.

And they are predicting a new wave of CV outbreaks for the fall, 2020, due to the colder weather. SMH.

Be care and safe!

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 11:16 AM

2. but kids are immune, according to Dr Twitler

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 11:35 AM

4. She's doing the family a huge favor. Herd immunity

and all that. Now they can live free from fear.

Of course they may have had to sacrifice a few old people but what the hay. They weren't going to live very much longer anyway

Sarcasm just in case a litteralist reads this.

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 12:07 PM

5. Wow, I'd like to say it's why our small family group of under 10 in count

and within a diameter of a mere 10-minute trip by car can just as easily have this occur, and magical thinking that it could not happen. The truth is that each of 3 households has had members who have been designated shoppper(s), working an "essential" job where protocols are by and large, though not perfectly, compliant, or in hybrid in-person public school where anything goes, scenarios. Even testing 24 hours before a get together, inside or outside, can't accurately predict when and where the virus's contagion is going to occur.

That said, we're going to gather to watch The West Wing Reunion together tonight! No eff'ing moron's townhall, either!
Calm down, the adults have voted or will be tomorrow, LOL!

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 12:08 PM

6. Wow, I'd like to say it's why our small family group of under 10 in count

and within a diameter of a mere 10-minute trip by car can just as easily have this occur, and magical thinking that it could not happen. The truth is that each of 3 households has had members who have been designated shoppper(s), working an "essential" job where protocols are by and large, though not perfectly, compliant, or in hybrid in-person public school where anything goes, scenarios. Even testing 24 hours before a get together, inside or outside, can't accurately predict when and where the virus's contagion is going to occur.

That said, we're going to gather to watch The West Wing Reunion together tonight! No eff'ing moron's townhall, either!
Calm down, the adults have voted or will be tomorrow, LOL!