HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Arizonans cast ballots in...

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 02:55 AM

Arizonans cast ballots in droves as first week of early voting shows strong enthusiasm

A steady stream of cars drove through the parking lot of the Maricopa County elections office in downtown Phoenix to drop off ballots on Tuesday afternoon, a sign of the early and consistent enthusiasm voters feel for this election.

There's a sense among Arizona voters, newly adjusting to living in a swing state that regularly sees visits both virtual and in person from national campaigns: Their votes matter.

The number of people who have voted so far this year outpaces the election four years ago, Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs said Wednesday.

Hobbs said she didn't have a figure for how many people had voted so far this year.

"More than they had at this point in 2016," Hobbs said during a media call on Zoom.

More than 3 million ballots were sent out across the state to people who are on the Permanent Early Voting List, representing about 75% of voters who are registered, she said.

Her office said about 22,000 ballots have been received by the 13 counties that use the state election system, but Maricopa and Pima County have their own systems and are not included in that total.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/14/early-voting-arizona-off-enthusiastic-start-1st-week/3655008001/

4 replies, 739 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Arizonans cast ballots in droves as first week of early voting shows strong enthusiasm (Original post)
RandySF Oct 15 OP
Demovictory9 Oct 15 #1
Sloumeau Oct 15 #2
Mike 03 Oct 15 #4
Mike 03 Oct 15 #3

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 03:01 AM

1. Excellent

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 05:32 AM

2. Yep, here in Arizona, the ballots of my father, my mother, and myself

went into an official blue post office mailbox yesterday. Included in those ballots were votes for Democrats up and down the ticket, including Biden/Harris over Trump and Mark Kelly over the awful Martha McSally.

Go Blue Wave!

Reply to this post

Response to Sloumeau (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 05:48 AM

4. Yes, yes. I hope we can do it!

Thank god for Phoenix and Tucson. If it were up to rural areas like mine, I don't think it could happen.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 15, 2020, 05:47 AM

3. This seems good. I only received my ballot on Saturday, and there was of course

no mail pickup or delivery on Sunday or Columbus Day.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread