HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I Never Thought I'd Wish ...

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 02:46 AM

I Never Thought I'd Wish for People to Die

But here I am in October of 2020, seventy-one years into my own life, doing exactly that.

I do not wish death on these people as fitting retribution for what they have done to our country, and what they have attempted to do to our democracy. If I wanted revenge, I would wish them to live long enough to face the consequences of their actions – i.e. ruined political careers, and legal proceedings that could result in prison sentences.

I wish for their deaths because it seems that’s only thing that will stop them from continuing to destroy our country’s institutions, deprive citizens of their Constitutional rights, and endanger our national security in order to enable a madman they believe will give them power and line their pockets.

I am not proud of my feelings in this regard – nor do I second-guess them, or regret them. I cannot ignore the fact that if certain people were ‘removed’ from office – by the hand of God, or by any other means – their voices would be ultimately silenced by the grave, and their deliberate destruction of our nation would at last come to an end.

Perhaps I should reach for more lofty ideals. Perhaps I should wish for some kind of epiphany among the self-serving enablers, some sort of last-minute recognition that everything they’ve done over the past four years has been detrimental to the country they swore to serve and protect. But that moment isn’t coming, and that admission of guilt will never be expressed.

This is what the Trump administration has done to my way of thinking – and no doubt to that of many others. I am no longer willing to even consider ‘the benefit of the doubt’ when it comes to people whose conduct has left no doubt as to their true agenda.

At this moment, we have a “pResident” whose true health condition is unknown, and whose physical and mental stability is being hidden from the public.

If Trump dies, he dies. In the meantime, those determined to destroy us from within are still in positions of power.

If it takes sickness and/or death to remove them from those positions – well, it is what it is. And I make no apologies for wishing they all become victims of a pandemic they have played-down for political survival, all the while knowing that their fellow citizens would die as a result thereof.

29 replies, 2314 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 29 replies Author Time Post
Reply I Never Thought I'd Wish for People to Die (Original post)
NanceGreggs Oct 2020 OP
The Magistrate Oct 2020 #1
Pachamama Oct 2020 #2
sprinkleeninow Oct 2020 #3
secondwind Oct 2020 #4
flor-de-jasmim Oct 2020 #5
madaboutharry Oct 2020 #6
Demobrat Oct 2020 #7
agingdem Oct 2020 #8
Post removed Oct 2020 #9
Post removed Oct 2020 #10
Post removed Oct 2020 #13
ashredux Oct 2020 #15
Post removed Oct 2020 #16
ashredux Oct 2020 #17
ResistantAmerican17 Oct 2020 #11
BigmanPigman Oct 2020 #12
murielm99 Oct 2020 #14
groundloop Oct 2020 #18
uponit7771 Oct 2020 #21
MelissaB Oct 2020 #25
Hekate Oct 2020 #19
malaise Oct 2020 #20
Roisin Ni Fiachra Oct 2020 #22
dalton99a Oct 2020 #23
BeckyDem Oct 2020 #24
MelissaB Oct 2020 #26
fescuerescue Oct 2020 #27
bigtree Oct 2020 #28
ananda Oct 2020 #29

Response to NanceGreggs (Original post)

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 02:49 AM

1. Hear Hear, Ma'am

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 02:56 AM

2. Nance - we have clearly had a mind-meld

I completely agree and feel the same way....

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:05 AM

3. A prayer for removal according to God's will. Not necessarily

believing for illness, harm or demise, but removing * from office.

I prayed for someone to be removed from husband's business [partnership] and lo! He was. He retired. My hands kept clean.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:06 AM

4. Nance, you can go to sleep with a clean conscience.

What we all feel is visceral and real, and is a normal involuntary reaction. It’s involuntary. Which absolves you completely. I am in your age group and feel the same way too.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:07 AM

5. I agree wholeheartedly, with one minor exception :

While the clinical diagnosis of his mental stability may be hidden, the instability is visible to all who are sane and rational.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:08 AM

6. Democracy is indeed under a grave threat.

In Buddhism there is the thought that basic goodness is found within everyone. I find this difficult, no actually impossible, to reconcile with reality. It causes me to struggle greatly. The fact is that there are many bad and terrible people in the world. There always has been. What makes the time we are living in so unique is that Trump has brought so many of them together in one place.

I don’t wish for any person’s death. I wish that the consequences they face include stripping them of the power to cause us any more pain.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:12 AM

7. It's no different from

wishing a serial killer would die when his death is the only way to stop him from killing.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 03:33 AM

8. The advantage to being 72 is that little

filter in your head that says "shut up don't say it" disappears..so , yes I want them all to die...all the enablers, sycophants, worshippers...I want death...and not a slow death..swift...get them buried and forgotten...except trump...think Hitler...he systematically slaughtered 6 million Jews, countless gays and Romani but he only died once...I want trump to die in agonizing pain..death by 210,000 cuts inflicted by the survivors of the loved ones he systemically murdered because of his malignant disregard for human life...and because that orange piece of garbage occupying our White House is hooked on tv I want his death to play out over 20 episodes ...

Reply to this post

Response to Post removed (Reply #9)

Response to Post removed (Reply #10)

Response to Post removed (Reply #13)

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 04:51 AM

15. Was that directed at me or the stupid post I replied to?

Reply to this post

Response to ashredux (Reply #15)

Response to Post removed (Reply #16)

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 04:54 AM

17. Please go back and reread. I think you missed the sarcasm

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 04:13 AM

11. I guess I'm struck more by the fact that in my 58 years, including many in ministry,

I thought I’d feel some guilt about hoping someone dies. I am comfortable that the fact that I don’t feel an iota of guilt is more a reflection on the individual in question than me. Think of the children— families of White House employees, secret service, Democrats, and people who have to risk their and their families’ lives by being around this selfish orange shitgibbon.
This is the DU member formerly known as ResistantAmerican17.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 04:37 AM

12. I have wished for it several times,

usually due to ex-boyfriends but I didn't wish them to die with as much vehemence as I have for the fucking moron. Not even close.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 04:51 AM

14. I could have written this.

I am ashamed of my feelings. Maybe I should not be ashamed. It seems, at least, that I am not alone.

Reply to this post

Response to murielm99 (Reply #14)

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 05:03 AM

18. That's the difference between us and right wingers, we have a conscience

Lately I've spent a lot of energy feeling rage at tRump and his enablers. This needs to end, one way or another.

I had never before understood how Hitler could take over control of a country and turn its' people against one another. Sadly, we've all now had a glimpse of a madman at the reigns of government, being enabled by the likes of Mitch McConnell because, for the time being at least, the madman is paving a path for the Republican agenda.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 07:07 AM

21. +1, I don't know anyone who said we should pray for the health of King Herrod

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 08:07 AM

25. Same here.

You definitely not alone.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 05:24 AM

19. I completely understand

No one with the capacity to stop him will stop him, and they’ve had many chances. He won’t stop. At this point he’s killing people on purpose — it’s become a death cult — and no one can make him stop, nor will they try.

My husband and I both used to be so careful not to wish death or suffering on others, but we’ve both become so stunned by now, that here we are this week, sitting with the realization that only death will stop this monster.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 05:39 AM

20. Right there with you

It's going to be brutal - crispy ghouls will go below the barr

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 07:49 AM

22. Very well said.

Thank you.

Never Again

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 07:55 AM

23. I don't want a quick end to his life, only a quick end to his reign of terror

I want him to live a long, horrible, miserable life - outside of the White House

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 07:56 AM

24. It is not about revenge, I agree completely.

Trump has far too many enablers, and as we speak they're at work to undermine voters. There are many reasons imo why a Trump could ever hold the most important job in the world in the first place. I am honest about my concerns regarding his health, and that is not going to change. I have no goodwill for his life, none.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 08:10 AM

26. I wanted him to live and face the consequences of what he has done

until that tweet yesterday. Now, I'm okay w/ it taking him because his supporters are never going to believe the science of this whole thing and act accordingly.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 08:17 AM

27. We put WAY WAY to much power into our wishes

What we wish. Has zero. Absolutely zero impact on how Trump recovers. Nothing. nada. not an ioata of difference.

They do however impact our mental healthy and well being.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 08:30 AM

28. right here with you, Nance.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 6, 2020, 08:32 AM

29. I hear you.

We are livng in very perilous times with check and balances
totally broken.

Death appears to be the only way out of this mess right now.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread