HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rocket launch on Eastern ...

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 10:16 PM

Rocket launch on Eastern Shore halted with minutes remaining in countdown

NASAís first new space potty in decades ó a $23 million titanium toilet better suited for women ó is getting a not-so-dry run at the International Space Station before eventually flying to the moon.

Itís packed inside a cargo ship that should have blasted off late Thursday from Wallops Island, Virginia. But the launch was halted with just two minutes remaining in the countdown.

Barely 100 pounds (45 kilograms) and just 28 inches (71 centimeters) tall, itís roughly half as big as the two Russian-built toilets at the space station. Itís more camper-size to fit into the NASA Orion capsules that will carry astronauts to the moon in a few years.

Station residents will test it out for a few months. If the shakedown goes well, the toilet will be open for regular business.

Read more: https://www.pilotonline.com/virginia/ap-us-potty-training-nasa-20201001-gni7i5i3wrgu5efk76yhslrxoe-story.html
(Norfolk Virginian-Pilot)

3 replies, 349 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rocket launch on Eastern Shore halted with minutes remaining in countdown (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 1 OP
underpants Oct 1 #1
TexasTowelie Oct 1 #3
bluedigger Oct 1 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 10:18 PM

1. Of course it did.

Clear night here. I couldíve seen it. Every single cool space or meteorological thing that comes up and itís rainy or at least overcast.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to underpants (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 10:23 PM

3. Aww shucks,

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 10:23 PM

2. Crap.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread