HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Free E & Audio Books

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 01:16 PM

Free E & Audio Books

If you have a library card!

Free LIBBY App available to anyone with a library card.

So grateful my friend told me about the free LIBBY app. If you have a library card you can use the Free LIBBY App to access your library e & audio books.

I also bought a Non-Resident library card from Fairfax County Virginia because it’s wonderful ($27/year). Application here:

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/non-resident-library-card-application

My local library seems to buy too few copies, so almost always a wait. Fairfax not so much.

Audio Books are fun while doing puzzles, chores, zoning out of this messed up world.

All E & audio books offer a free sample you can read or listen to. Just surfing the samples can be fun.

I HIGHLY recommend this free app that enables you to access e & audio books from the library IF you have a library card.

LIBBY Free app - double click pics ☺️

So am enjoying Reading & listening- Two books For free.

Re-Reading “On a Pale Horse” by Piers Anthony- Book 1 of 8 in a SciFi series Incarnations of Immortality. 1st read 40 years ago 😳

And listening to “The Art of Hearing Heartbeats (warm, complicated story/mystery about a Burmese boy who loses his sight)

Kids books too. All genres! A readers dream come true.

Rachel & Seth Abramsons books, well most recent bombshell books are available to!

5 replies, 397 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Free E & Audio Books (Original post)
OhNo-Really Sep 27 OP
MuseRider Sep 27 #1
OhNo-Really Sep 27 #3
yellowdogintexas Sep 27 #2
OhNo-Really Sep 27 #4
OhNo-Really Sep 27 #5

Response to OhNo-Really (Original post)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 01:31 PM

1. I did not know

you could buy a card from a different library! Usually if I ask my library to get something they do not have they will get it fairly quickly and sometimes another copy so the wait time is not so long. They are working with us for certain and I am so happy. I hope this helps parents bring reading to their kids easier.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MuseRider (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 02:19 PM

3. I know. I was so happy to buy in to a Huge library

System. I pay about $100 a year for library in my own county. It’s a line item on tax bill each year and it basically sucks. I had Piers Anthony series ordered. They must have ordered one copy because it immediately went on a 4 week hold 🤯 but book 2 of the series was available

Reply to this post

Response to OhNo-Really (Original post)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 01:46 PM

2. Fort Worth Public Library uses Libby

It is really handy.

I get a lot of free Ebooks from Book Bub, Robin Reads a couple of other sites. I have discovered a number of authors and some great series as a result.

Reply to this post

Response to yellowdogintexas (Reply #2)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 02:26 PM

4. I hadn't heard of Libby or yours before

Slow to let go of paper books. Lots of reading options, happy

Reply to this post

Response to yellowdogintexas (Reply #2)

Sun Sep 27, 2020, 02:29 PM

5. Do you need a library card for the options you mention?

Do you have links or app pics. I get so confused when so many apps appear when searching Apps

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread