HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Democrats are sending a t...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 08:58 AM

Democrats are sending a truck to Trump's Michigan rally to play audio of his coronavirus comments.

Ahead of President Trump’s rally in Michigan on Thursday night, Democrats are planning to use his own words to skewer him.

The Democratic National Committee is dispatching a mobile billboard truck to MBS International Airport in Freeland, Mich., where the rally will take place. The truck will play a brief audio clip of Mr. Trump speaking to the journalist Bob Woodward about the coronavirus: “I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down.”

As his words ring out, the truck will display statistics showing the virus’s toll. The back of the truck will carry a blunt message: “Trump Lied. Americans Died.”

Democrats, including Joseph R. Biden Jr., have long attacked Mr. Trump over his handling of the virus. But the president’s comments to Mr. Woodward are giving the party a new and powerful way to raise the issue.

“While Trump will continue to use these rallies to lie to the American people,” said Lily Adams, a spokeswoman for the D.N.C., “we’re using his own words to remind Michigan voters that when Americans needed the facts during this pandemic, Donald Trump lied to them, costing an untold number of lives and causing economic devastation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/us/elections/democrats-are-sending-a-truck-to-trumps-michigan-rally-to-play-audio-of-his-coronavirus-comments.html
https://www.balloon-juice.com/2020/09/16/covid-19-coronavirus-updates-tuesday-wednesday-september-15-16/#comment-7859499

6 replies, 503 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democrats are sending a truck to Trump's Michigan rally to play audio of his coronavirus comments. (Original post)
kpete Sep 16 OP
Ohiogal Sep 16 #1
roamer65 Sep 16 #2
2naSalit Sep 16 #3
fleur-de-lisa Sep 16 #4
LuckyCharms Sep 16 #5
malaise Sep 16 #6

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 09:00 AM

1. Now THATS more like it!

I hope to see a lot more of this kind of thing!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 09:26 AM

2. Hats off to our MI Dems.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 09:42 AM

3. They started doing this at his rallies

last week, this is the third, I think, event they've been to.

I love it.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 10:26 AM

4. I was just talking about this with my mother this morning

hoping someone would show up to a rally parking lot to play Dump's words to the ignorant maskholes about how deadly the virus is.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 10:29 AM

5. This is how it's done. n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 10:42 AM

6. Fabulous

Go Dems!

Reply to this post