HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Arkansas St Cancels Weeke...

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:37 PM

Arkansas St Cancels Weekend Game Due to Covid

in fact far more games are being cancelled than being played if you count conferences that aren't playing this year or other conferences that have postponed the start of the season. The number of postponed or cancelled games is easily over 100

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29892935/arkansas-state-postpones-game-vs-central-arkansas-due-covid-19

2 replies, 346 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Arkansas St Cancels Weekend Game Due to Covid (Original post)
Stallion Sep 15 OP
brewens Sep 15 #1
OAITW r.2.0 Sep 15 #2

Response to Stallion (Original post)

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:53 PM

1. It sounds to me that a few million tests are being wasted on playing games. If you count all

the sports teams constantly testing players. That's their whole plan for making it work, but we're lacking testing elsewhere. So it's important in normal times, and a lot of people count on the income sports generates, but it's still a game. I'd rather see that kind of testing for what are actually essential workers. To me that is food supply, keeping the lights on, medical personnel, police, fire and EMT's. If we'd stuck with the shutdowns and took care of those people we would be in way better shape.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stallion (Original post)

Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:59 PM

2. By nature, this can't work.

We are talking hormones, tradition, "toughness", youth.....but we know this becomes a spreading event for COVID. And we expose these young people not just to the immediate effects, but maybe even worse, a good chance of respiratory, heart, and brain degradation.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread