HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Like Hitler, Trump abscon...

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:31 PM

Like Hitler, Trump absconded with works of art during visit to France.

When ICE is performing hysterectomies on detainees in their concentration camp, the comparison of Trump to Hitler becomes spot on. This is just an additional feature:

Trump Ended 2018 France Trip Having Art Loaded on Air Force One
By Jennifer Jacobs, Nick Wadhams, and Katya Kazakina
September 6, 2020, 5:00 AM PDT

Chic Mansion

The story unfolded like this: While in Paris with other world leaders to commemorate the centennial of the end of World War I, Trump stayed at the official residence of U.S. Ambassador Jamie McCourt, the palatial HŰtel de Pontalba. The mansion, in Parisís chic 8th arrondissement, dates to 1842. It has served as a flagship of the State Departmentís ďArt in EmbassiesĒ cultural diplomacy program, and is open to tours.

The presidentís planned visit to the Belleau Wood cemetery was canceled when rainy weather grounded the presidential helicopter, according to a redacted email the White House released to rebut the Atlantic story. The U.S. Secret Service ruled out a motorcade for the 56-mile drive, according to two people familiar with the matter.

That left Trump with about six hours of free time in the ambassadorís residence.

The next day, Trump pointed out a Benjamin Franklin bust, a Franklin portrait and a set of figurines of Greek mythical characters, and insisted the pieces come back with him to Washington.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-06/trump-ended-2018-france-trip-having-art-loaded-on-air-force-one

So, we got jackbooted thugs in minivans, we got illegal forced medical procedure done by feds in detainee camps, we have deals with dictators worldwide, demonization of the press, and countless other facist acts.

What the fuck?

6 replies, 524 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Like Hitler, Trump absconded with works of art during visit to France. (Original post)
Alex4Martinez Sep 2020 OP
malaise Sep 2020 #1
ProudMNDemocrat Sep 2020 #2
NCjack Sep 2020 #3
The Velveteen Ocelot Sep 2020 #4
dawg day Sep 2020 #5
Alex4Martinez Sep 2020 #6

Response to Alex4Martinez (Original post)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:36 PM

1. They'd better check what he's packing in crates from the WH about now

He is a common criminal who will have no problem taking originals and replacing them with fakes

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to malaise (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:41 PM

2. I believe there is a photographic catalouge of what is in the WH that stays.

Let Trump take the portrait of Andrew Jackson. I would not mind that one missing.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:41 PM

3. My guess is that stuff in an US embassy is US Gov. property.

Reply to this post

Response to NCjack (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:46 PM

4. It is, but that doesn't mean Trump should just help himself

to whatever he fancied and haul it off. Technically it was legal because it was government property, but it showed complete disregard and disrespect for the Ambassador. And I wouldn't put it past him to try to walk off with some of the art in the White House.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 03:53 PM

5. Hitler stole Rembrandts

Trump stole counterfeits.

Hmm. What's that say?
Trump. The Ersatz Hitler?

Reply to this post

Response to dawg day (Reply #5)

Mon Sep 14, 2020, 04:10 PM

6. He's a wannabe, that much is clear.

BFFs with all the wrong people.

Reply to this post