HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So a Republican judge dis...

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:35 PM

So a Republican judge dismisses County DA in the Derek Chauvin murder of George Floyd

The fix is in. Apparently they were 'sloppy' in gathering evidence because they went to see medical examiners without having independent witnesses present. Because of course they do that in their normal duties. Get the fuck out of here. They are playing the white supremacist game right now. I wonder who the new DA will be? Hhhhmmm. It is just right in your face ugly at this point.

13 replies, 947 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:40 PM

1. I won't be surprised if Chauvin is *released* the day before elections, to ensure riots everywhere

on Election Day.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BamaRefugee (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:48 PM

3. That will NOT happen, not while Keith Ellison is supervising the prosecution.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:50 PM

5. Everything that WILL NOT HAPPEN, in the last 4 years, has actually happened.

Reply to this post

Response to BamaRefugee (Reply #5)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:54 PM

7. You don't know Keith Ellison. We do.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #7)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 07:10 PM

11. No I don't. But Ellison must know this lawyer. Who put that lawyer on that assignment?

Ellison has NO SAY over personnel on the case?
Then maybe he has less control of it than we would wish for.

Reply to this post

Response to BamaRefugee (Reply #11)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 07:20 PM

12. Mike Freeman is the Hennepin County attorney.

Jurisdictionally it's his case, and he's not a bad lawyer, just an overly-cautious one. I'm frankly surprised he made a mistake like that, especially in such a high-profile case. Also, the judge didn't have to take him off the case, but was also being careful because refusing to do so could be a ground for appeal at some point. It really isn't as big a deal as it's being made out to be, and the case will proceed just fine without Freeman. The county attorney is more of an administrator than a trial lawyer anyhow.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #12)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 07:40 PM

13. That's good. I was born and raised in Birmingham,Alabama in the 50s and 60s so I know *firsthand* a

few things about racism, violent cops, and a crooked "judicial" system with it's own ideas of what justice means, to people of various colors.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:48 PM

2. It's not that big a deal, just sloppy work they should have known better than to do.

Mike Freeman hasn't been dismissed as the county attorney (that's an elected office), he's just been removed from the case, which was appropriate because lawyers shouldn't put themselves in a situation where they might be called as witnesses. The case is still being overseen by the Attorney General, Keith Ellison, and the other prosecutors who didn't interview the medical examiner are still on the case. It won't change anything except that it's embarrassing for Freeman. There's no white supremacy going on (Ellison is black and very progressive), just sloppy lawyering that was promptly dealt with.

Reply to this post

Response to Post removed (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:54 PM

6. What a shitty, insulting thing to say about my city.

There are good people here who are trying very hard to improve things. My neighborhood, which is not too far from where George Floyd was killed, has Black Lives Matter and Justice for George Floyd lawn signs in front of almost every house. Work is being done at the grassroots level. The removal of Mike Freeman for sloppy lawyering is nothing but an embarrassment for him, but the case will proceed under the supervision of the AG, Keith Ellison, who is anything but a right-wing stooge.

I haven't read anything on DU today, that wasn't about Trump, that has pissed me off more than this post.

Reply to this post

Response to Post removed (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 06:58 PM

8. Stupidest Thing Said Here Today, Sir

Likely the most noxious as well.

Reply to this post

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #8)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 07:02 PM

9. I am livid. I might log off for awhile to cool down

so I don't post something I might regret later.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #9)

Fri Sep 11, 2020, 07:04 PM

10. I Have To Toddle of And Do Dishes Myself, Ma'am

Taking a break sounds wise.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread