HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Dow Futures Are Up 150 Po...

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 07:33 PM

Dow Futures Are Up 150 Points

I really don't see why we need to reopen everything, when the economy is doing so well, and large corporations are so bullish.

It's obvious that all the stuff we're used to, like Tourism, Hotels, Sporting Events, Concerts, Theater, Movies, Amusement Parks, Cruise Ships, Airlines, Indoor Dining, are not vital at all to a healthy functioning economy.

Wall Street is telling us this. So there's really nothing to worry about, we can continue this path for quite awhile before investors and CEO's start to worry.

3 replies, 623 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dow Futures Are Up 150 Points (Original post)
sfstaxprep Aug 30 OP
liskddksil Aug 30 #1
sfstaxprep Aug 30 #3
Disaffected Aug 30 #2

Response to sfstaxprep (Original post)

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 07:39 PM

1. What a callous post to all the thousands of people who work in those industries

and are suffering right now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to liskddksil (Reply #1)

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 07:57 PM

3. Don't Accuse Me Of Being Callous

I'm just referring to the stock market. I understand there are many in those industries suffering. It's the market that doesn't seem to care or notice.

Reply to this post

Response to sfstaxprep (Original post)

Sun Aug 30, 2020, 07:48 PM

2. Wall Street is bullish because:

. v low interest rates with no sign of rising any time soon

. Trump et al goosing the markets through massive corporate tax cuts and other incentives

. anticipation of an effective vaccine and/or treatment for Covid

. the usual piling on/"irrational exuberance" experienced in most long-term bull markets

Not because of the factors you cite. If we don't get all or most of those sectors open soon, the markets could drop as quickly as they are rising.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread