HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump had public meltdown...

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 04:35 PM

Trump had public meltdown over missed phone call from Putin, former No 10 aide says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-meltdown-missed-phone-call-putin-mike-flynn-theresa-may-meeting-a9691001.html

Donald Trump exploded with anger at one of his most senior aides about missing a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a former No 10 official.

The US president’s rant about the missed call happened “right in front” of former prime minister Theresa May in Washington, her ex-chief of staff Nick Timothy has revealed.

Mr Timothy spoke about a “fairly extraordinary” lunch during which Mr Trump shouted at his then-national security advisor Michael Flynn.

“Somebody just mentioned in passing that Vladimir Putin had asked for a call with him, and right in front us he absolutely shouted down Mike Flynn,” he said.

5 replies, 519 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump had public meltdown over missed phone call from Putin, former No 10 aide says (Original post)
steve2470 Aug 2020 OP
Cha Aug 2020 #1
napi21 Aug 2020 #2
OAITW r.2.0 Aug 2020 #3
JHB Aug 2020 #4
steve2470 Aug 2020 #5

Response to steve2470 (Original post)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 04:38 PM

1. Psycho Puppet Takes Calls from Puppet Master.. ALWAYS!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 04:47 PM

2. I understand that nobody should treat their employees that way, but I have to ask why wouldn't every

aide KNOW that no matter what, you ALWAYS interrupt whatever is going on to tell the idiot the master is calling? I always knew what buttons triggered my boss to explode and you steered away from them if at all possible. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work with such an AH!

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 05:44 PM

3. Can't be tardy for his quarterly review!

Trump has priorities....leading America is not one of them.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 06:01 PM

4. Somewhere in the Kremlin: "Watch. This is how it is done." said Mr. P. ...

"From his confidential schedule, right now he is in a meeting with that English hag," he said as he touched a contact on his phone.
"White House switchboard. How may I help you."
"This is Vladimir Putin. I would like to speak to the president. It is a matter of some small urgency, or I would have gone through more standard channels."
"I'm sorry sir, he's in a closed meeting right now. I will see to it he is informed as soon as possible."
"Thank you, my dear. I appreciate your diligence. May you have a good day."

After the disconnection, he slid his chair back and, one by one, swung his legs onto his desk and leaned back. "In about 15 minutes, you will hear the sound of a puppy peeing himself," he said with a smile.

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #4)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 06:22 PM

5. well done! nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread