HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I (still) believe the pre...

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 07:12 AM

I (still) believe the president, and in the president (satire) by George Conway

I believe that if Biden is elected, there will be “no religion, no anything,” and he would confiscate all guns, “immediately and without notice.” He would “abolish” “our great,” “beautiful suburbs,” not to mention “the American way of life.” There would be “no windows, no nothing” in buildings.

I believe it’s normal for the president to say “Yo Semites” and “Yo Seminites,” “Thigh Land,” “Minne-a-napolis,” “toe-tally-taria-tism,” “Thomas Jeffers” and “Ulyss-eus S. Grant.” I believe it’s Biden who’s cognitively impaired.

I believe Rep. John Lewis made a “big mistake” not attending the president’s inauguration. I believe the president has done more for Blacks than any other president — perhaps even Abraham Lincoln, who “did good” although the “end result” was “questionable,” and certainly more than Lyndon B. Johnson, who signed into law the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which hasn’t “worked out” so well.

I believe absentee voting, where voters mail in their ballots, is good, and that mail-in voting, where voters mail in their ballots, is totally different, and bad — and will result in “the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election” in history. Except in Florida, where absentee and mail-in voting are the same and both good, “because Florida has got a great Republican governor.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/10/i-still-believe-president-president/?hpid=hp_save-opinions-float-right-4-0_opinion-card-f-right%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

I could only post an excerpt but if you can , go read the whole thing.

5 replies, 841 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply I (still) believe the president, and in the president (satire) by George Conway (Original post)
octoberlib Aug 11 OP
jls4561 Aug 11 #1
octoberlib Aug 11 #3
jls4561 Aug 11 #4
Kyblue1 Aug 11 #2
Midnight Writer Aug 11 #5

Response to octoberlib (Original post)

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 07:30 AM

1. George! Shame on You! You stole your wife's talking points.

I expected more creativity from someone with the Lincoln Project.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jls4561 (Reply #1)

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 07:55 AM

3. What? They're direct quotes from Trump , laid out so everyone can see how ridiculous

he is.

Reply to this post

Response to octoberlib (Reply #3)

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 07:58 AM

4. If Mr. Kellyanne can use

, so can I.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 07:51 AM

2. A good concise summary of the failures of Trump

Everyone should email a copy to all your friends

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 11, 2020, 03:32 PM

5. If Biden said made even one of these gaffes, it would be "a big fucking deal" in our media.

Remember when GW Bush made so many gaffes, our media stopped reporting them because they were not newsworthy?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread