HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » All they have to do is ki...

Wed Jul 29, 2020, 06:12 AM

All they have to do is kill hope

What the republicans have to kill is hope.

Now we see the other side of republicans.

Suddenly they have become conscientious nuanced legislators.
Instead of regurgitating fox news talking points and conspiracy theories with outrageous indignation, suddenly they have become conscientious nuanced legislators.
Rand Paul
His actions put the lie to his words.
What a difference a plague makes.
"It would speak volumes for the racial pain and the hurt of generations," Booker said
It would create a symbol of hope, and the republicans know that a symbol of hope is one that they cannot allow to happen.
"I seek to amend this legislation not because I take lynching lightly, but because I take it seriously, and this legislation does not," Paul said, arguing that "this bill would cheapen the meaning of lynching by defining it so broadly as to include a minor bruise or abrasion. Our nation's history of racial terrorism demands more seriousness from us than that
Because He takes it more seriously than the democrats and the black lives matter protestors, he must stand in the way of anything being done.
Well, he does. The antilynching bill would create a symbol of hope, and the republicans know that the creation of a symbol of hope is one thing that they cannot allow to happen.
Symbols matter. To give a symbol of hope to a historically disenfranchised racial group with a racial cultural group memory of slavery is a direct threat to the conservative world view.
Social justice as a political force in a culture that survives by systemic injustice is….

Removing confederate flags is important, but if that is all that is done then republicans and their white supremist supporters can say, “mission accomplished”—they will have done the bare minimum to placate the calls for social justice without making any meaningful systemic change.

“mission accomplished”
Paul said in a statement that he aims to add an amendment to the legislation that would create a "serious bodily injury standard" so that only crimes involving "substantial risk of death and extreme physical pain" are prosecuted as lynching.
Their privilege is dependent on maintaining an unjust system whose laws and institutions favor historic economic elites—the first ones to sit down at the monopoly game. The last thing they can allow is the enfranchisement of a racial group with a cultural memory of slavery who demand a truly level playing field.

Re-posted from somewhere

2 replies, 431 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply All they have to do is kill hope (Original post)
Divad123 Wednesday OP
Jamastiene Wednesday #1
Divad123 Wednesday #2

Response to Divad123 (Original post)

Wed Jul 29, 2020, 07:33 AM

1. Not buying it.

What Rand Paul really said...I actually heard what that sicko said.

Rand Paul wanted to make it so that in order for a lynching to be considered a lynching, the heart* of the victim had to be ripped out or the body so mutilated that an open casket would be horrendous to witness.

He was very specific that in order for him to support any lynching law, it had to be a case where the lynching itself was not enough, without body mutilation before or after the fact. He was very specific to mention the heart being removed from the victim's body and to mention extreme body mutilation in addition to lynching. To Rand Paul, there is no such thing as lynching. He just took the opportunity to roll around in gory details from past cases. He got off describing those gory details.

He specifically mentioned gory details about Emmett Till and made a big deal out of the open casket in that case. He only did that because Emmitt Till's mother wanted to make sure to show what really happens when racists kill black family members. Paul resents that. He wants to hide, cover for, and condone lynching, in reality. He's not fooling me. Morbid sickos like that are only doing that to grind salt in the wounds and get away with doing nothing to stop any of it. They don't like being exposed, but they enjoy the gory details far too much. You just had to see and hear how he reveled in his own BS that day to understand what I am pointing out here.

Just look up the video where Kamala Harris rips him a new one over his bullshit. Then you can hear what that sicko, Rand Paul, really said. He just doesn't want to support any lynching law at all. That sick fucker, Rand Paul, is full of shit and he was getting off on the gory details he was bringing up.

Not buying it.

*He specifically mentioned ripping a black person's heart out of their body and the open casket for Emmett Till's funeral. He got off on mentioning those kinds of details. It was very obvious.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jamastiene (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 29, 2020, 11:09 AM

2. Better

You say it better than I ever could, thanks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread