HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This week, NY announced t...

Sun Jul 26, 2020, 09:15 PM

This week, NY announced the largest combined clean energy solicitations in U.S. history -- enough cle

?s=21

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
This week, NY announced the largest combined clean energy solicitations in U.S. history enough clean energy to power 1.5 million homes.

With a failure of federal leadership, it falls on states to take the actions needed to combat climate change.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-21/new-york-wants-to-buy-enough-clean-power-for-1-5-million-homes

New York Wants to Buy Enough Clean Power for 1.5 Million Homes

Snip

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is seeking bids for up to 4,000 megawatts of clean energy, enough to power 1.5 million homes.

The state plans to buy 2,500 megawatts of power from offshore wind farms proposed in the Atlantic Ocean and 1,500 megawatts from clean-power projects on land, according to a statement Tuesday. New York will also invest more than $400 million in port upgrades to support the emerging offshore-wind industry.

2 replies, 337 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This week, NY announced the largest combined clean energy solicitations in U.S. history -- enough cle (Original post)
soothsayer Jul 26 OP
Me. Jul 26 #1
shenmue Jul 26 #2

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Sun Jul 26, 2020, 09:37 PM

1. Did THe GHost Of Mario Come To Visit Andrew

I know the last election knocked sense into him, but this is quite a sea change...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to soothsayer (Original post)

Sun Jul 26, 2020, 09:59 PM

2. Praise be to Ceiling Doggo

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread