HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Has anyone received a pho...

Sun Jul 19, 2020, 11:05 PM

Has anyone received a phone call from University of Chicago about a poll for the CDC ?

...about childhood vaccinations?

I got a call a couple of hours ago from some lady and I don't usually respond but curiosity got the best of me?

I asked her why she was calling about "childhood vaccinations" instead of the coronavirus and she said they did it once a year.

When she found out that there were no children in the house "under 18", she thanked me for my time and ended the call.

Still seems a bit odd?

3 replies, 447 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Has anyone received a phone call from University of Chicago about a poll for the CDC ? (Original post)
kentuck Jul 19 OP
hlthe2b Jul 19 #1
kentuck Jul 20 #3
dawg day Jul 19 #2

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Sun Jul 19, 2020, 11:12 PM

1. I suspect it is the real deal. CDC has conducted similar surveys (vaccines, smoking,etc for decades.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 20, 2020, 05:36 AM

3. Thanks for that info!

Reply to this post

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Sun Jul 19, 2020, 11:17 PM

2. UChicago has a prominent social research unit- NORC maybe?

They poll on issues that connect with some academic research. Vaccination rates would be the sort of issue they poll on.

I got a call years ago from them about smoking-- whether anyone in the household smoked. I said no, and that was it-- they probably would have asked more if I'd said yes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread