HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lanc...

Mon Jul 6, 2020, 07:36 PM

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms says she tested positive for coronavirus

(CNN) Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, one of the top prospects to be presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's running mate, said Monday that she has tested positive for Covid-19.

"COVID-19 has literally hit home. I have had NO symptoms and have tested positive," the mayor said on Twitter.
She told MSNBC that she received the news that both she and her husband were positive on Monday. She said they decided to get tested because her husband was sleeping more than normal.

"It's a shock," she said, noting that she initially thought her husband's symptoms were due to allergies. "It leaves me at a loss for words."

The mayor added that her diagnosis highlights how contagious the virus is and that she has no idea where they were exposed. (Read More)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/politics/keisha-lance-bottoms-coronavirus-positive-test/index.html

2 replies, 502 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms says she tested positive for coronavirus (Original post)
FM123 Jul 6 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Jul 6 #1
wendyb-NC Jul 6 #2

Response to FM123 (Original post)

Mon Jul 6, 2020, 07:39 PM

1. I am really sorry to hear this.

Nobody should test positive for this damned virus, esp. a talented Black mayor.

I hope she recovers (and her husband too!) without any complications.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FM123 (Original post)

Mon Jul 6, 2020, 07:48 PM

2. I hope that she, and her husband,

are spared from any extreme manifestations of of the awful virus.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread