HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » U.S. Republicans, Democra...

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 07:01 PM

U.S. Republicans, Democrats want to question Trump aides over Russia bounty reports

WASHINGTON, June 29 (Reuters) - Both Democrats and President Donald Trump's fellow Republican lawmakers in Congress demanded more information from the White House on Monday after reports that Russian military intelligence offered militants bounties for killing U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

"Congress and the country need answers now. I therefore request an interagency brief for all House Members immediately," Democratic U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a letter to Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and CIA Director Gina Haspel.

"The questions that arise are: was the President briefed, and if not, why not, and why was Congress not briefed?" Pelosi wrote.

Representative Mac Thornberry, the top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, joined the panel's chairman, Democratic Representative Adam Smith, in asking the Department of Defense for a briefing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-republicans-democrats-want-to-question-trump-aides-over-russia-bounty-reports/ar-BB167bJ0?li=BBnb7Kz

5 replies, 305 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.S. Republicans, Democrats want to question Trump aides over Russia bounty reports (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Monday OP
Me. Monday #1
Cha Monday #2
bdamomma Monday #3
Hav Monday #4
SMC22307 Monday #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 08:18 PM

1. But Thrinberry Was 1ncluded In A Secret Meeting About This Today

bet he was given his talking points

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 08:21 PM

2. Get to the TRUTH! TY Dems & the repubs joining in.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 08:32 PM

3. You wonder

if Civilian Americans have "bounties" on their heads, and Putin is giving tRump money? Sorry for sounding paranoid.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 08:34 PM

4. US Republicans?

To distinguish them from Russian Republicans?

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 09:33 PM

5. This HAS GOT to be the story that brings him down.

I know the cultists won't yield, but there are old-school Republicans who have to be disgusted by #bountygate.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread