HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Seeing more press for Reb...

Sat Jun 13, 2020, 05:21 PM

Seeing more press for Rebekah Jones now (fired FL data "scientist")

Sheís the one who was fired for, in her terms, not manipulating Covid-19 test numbers for the state

Be careful and donít blindly spread her info. Sheís not doing anyone any favors for a couple of reasons

1) the original disagreement, from what I read, was over not using presumed positive cases. This isnít the presumed positive from locally tested cases not yet confirmed by the CDC. This was just cases of symptoms which could be Covid, even if no test was taken. I take issue with that. While we may want to include those from an abundance of caution, testing is very easily obtained here in FL now. Using laboratory confirmed test results will be more reliable long-term

2) her new arcgis site shows higher daily totals than the FL Dept of Health site. One glaring reason: she includes antibody positive test results in that. Thatís greatly disingenuous and distorts daily numbers by about 10%. Antibodies could be present for months. Someone going for an antibody test didnít necessarily just contract the virus. These numbers should be kept separately, and on the FL DOH site they are. Thereís a separate serology report available which details antibody tests

Iíve been culling data for days from the FL site (which publishes in a painful-to-use PDF which takes me a couple hours to update my separately-maintained spreadsheets I use for my trend analysis)
PDF: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/action/report_archive/state/state_reports_latest.pdf

Therefore, I reconcile numbers with this site, too, esp because FL likes to keep non-residents from certain totals even tho theyíre currently here and tested positive here (lot of vacation home owners here who spend extended periods of time here)
https://covidtracking.com/data/state/florida

You can see my latest analyses here:

3 replies, 516 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seeing more press for Rebekah Jones now (fired FL data "scientist") (Original post)
Roland99 Jun 2020 OP
Gothmog Jun 2020 #1
Roland99 Jun 2020 #2
obamanut2012 Jun 2020 #3

Response to Roland99 (Original post)

Sat Jun 13, 2020, 06:22 PM

1. No one should trust Florida's COVID numbers

This lady was fired because she would not cook or play with these numbers. I do not trust DeSantis

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Gothmog (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 13, 2020, 06:37 PM

2. That's just it. That wasn't the case.

Reply to this post

Response to Gothmog (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 13, 2020, 07:16 PM

3. I hate that bastard, I hate he's my Gov

But, the OP is correct: DeSantis is minitrump, but there is much more to this than the original story.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread