HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A worker in my sister in ...

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:11 AM

A worker in my sister in law's nursing home tested positive for Covid19 yesterday.

She worked on the other side but still who knows how long she was infectious and how many people are infected. I asked her if she wanted to come home but she had fallen and broker he leg in three places and is afraid not to have round the clock care. She is my husband's oldest sister and likes the place. It is a one of the good ones...so sad today. I hope she will be OK.

6 replies, 572 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply A worker in my sister in law's nursing home tested positive for Covid19 yesterday. (Original post)
Demsrule86 Jun 2020 OP
Tanuki Jun 2020 #1
Demsrule86 Jun 2020 #3
barbtries Jun 2020 #2
Demsrule86 Jun 2020 #4
barbtries Jun 2020 #6
beachbumbob Jun 2020 #5

Response to Demsrule86 (Original post)

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

1. I am so sorry. I can only imagine how worried you all must be.

I will say a special prayer for her safety and for the safety and health of all in the face of this terrible pandemic. I hope that our hardworking and brilliant medical scientists will soon close in on a vaccine and effective treatments.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tanuki (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:29 AM

3. Thank you...cases and deaths have spiked in Ohio apparently.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

2. that is scary.

After a few clear months, my son's grocery store where he works has informed staff that they've had 3 positive cases.

Reply to this post

Response to barbtries (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:29 AM

4. So scary...I can only imagine how scary it is for you...that is your child.

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #4)

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 01:51 PM

6. Yes. I'm afraid for both of us

We live together. So far so good. I hope your SIL escapes it, we all know that nursing homes are the place NOT to be at this time. One can only hope that they're disinfecting, that the staff has proper PPE, and that she is able to distance herself and remain safe.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

5. very sad to hear. We have a nursing home hotspot walking distance from our home

and the frustration to have people tested goes back 3 months and we stil ldon't have a good feel. We are downstate Illinois with less than 1/2 the state average for testing WITH a huge hotspot, 12 deaths, 100+ staff and residents and NO idea on "contact tracing"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread