HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'm curious about somethi...

Sat May 30, 2020, 11:00 AM

I'm curious about something related to the riots: Dem cities vs Rep cities.

Something that Chicago's mayor mentioned -- I wonder how many of the riots are taking place in cities with Democratic mayors as opposed to Republican ones.

Hey, MSM, you have lots of highly-paid analysts and talking heads. Might this be something to look into, or do you feel that it's not news-worthy (i.e., that it won't generate ad revenue)?

Tin hat, anyone?

2 replies, 847 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm curious about something related to the riots: Dem cities vs Rep cities. (Original post)
grumpyduck May 2020 OP
Mossfern May 2020 #1
SCantiGOP May 2020 #2

Response to grumpyduck (Original post)

Sat May 30, 2020, 11:13 AM

1. I think that usually

cities that have a large Black populationfor the most part have Democratic leadership. The outside agitators may be working for the Trump supporters or White Nationalists (aka Trump supporters.) It's what one would expect.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to grumpyduck (Original post)

Sat May 30, 2020, 11:14 AM

2. You may have your cause and effect backwards

The reason they have Dem governments is that they have more progressive populations, who are more likely to protest racial injustice. Not sure what your tin hat could propose as a reason.

And, most large cities, even in the South and in conservative states, have Dem Mayors. Most large cities in Texas have Dem mayors.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread