HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Some Thoughts On COVID-19

Fri May 22, 2020, 08:37 PM

Some Thoughts On COVID-19

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/?com=post&forum=1002

snip

I look at the pictures of these crazy people who wonít wear masks or respect social distancing, and I am horrified.😳😳

You are not just risking your life with your ignorance. You are risking MINE- and, I find that unacceptable.

I donít know what kind of delusional world that you live in, but the incredible selfishness that is on display is disgusting 😠😠.

snip

snip

They have names. They have families. They have someone out there who is mourning them.

Naming Their Names. The last tweet names them. Naming The Lost. In two days we will be 100K lost souls. The president of the United States has not mourned one of them. He does not know or care what their names were. To him they are just dead and forgotten. He takes no responsibility, none at all.

4 replies, 341 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Some Thoughts On COVID-19 (Original post)
sheshe2 Friday OP
FarPoint Friday #1
sheshe2 Friday #2
Pobeka Saturday #3
Hermit-The-Prog Saturday #4

Response to sheshe2 (Original post)

Fri May 22, 2020, 09:58 PM

1. The denial is powerful....

We are not going to contain the upcoming second wave.....This pResident has contaminated the nation now...His reckless misinformation for self serving political gains has been successful....to a point. I predict by July...chaos will be national.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FarPoint (Reply #1)

Fri May 22, 2020, 10:24 PM

2. I believe that you are right.

It will spin out of control. No doubt about it. Dark times ahead.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2020, 10:33 AM

3. If everyone wore a mask in public, I believe we could open up even now.

But really wear the mask, no noses exposed, none of that. And 100% compliance (with *reasonable* exceptions of course).
---

I live in Washington State, and was in Home Depot yesterday. Approximately half of the customers in the store were not wearing a mask. The entry has a huge 6 foot sign saying that King County requires wearing a mask in public spaces.

This is why Washington can't get the cases/deaths to drop any further. If the non-masked folks would mask up we could get out of the tighter restrictions faster.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2020, 12:00 PM

4. The brainwashed MAGAts are doing everything required to exacerbate the devastation.

Morons Are Gutting America

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread