HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Restaurant owners ask Tru...

Wed May 20, 2020, 07:56 PM

Restaurant owners ask Trump for PPP fixes. Trump response: 'My news negates what you just said'

After two rounds of funding for the Paycheck Protection Program totaling $360 billion, restaurants are still getting crushed by the financial toll of the coronavirus pandemic.

About 9% of PPP funding has gone to accommodation and food services as of April 13, according to the Small Business Administration, compared with 13% for the construction industry and 12% for manufacturing.

Members of the Independent Restaurant Association as well as other industry executives met with President Trump at the White House on Monday to discuss the ongoing challenges facing the industry.

“What we’re learning is that people don’t really know how restaurants work,” IRC founding member Naomi Pomeroy told Yahoo Finance. “Restaurants really use this week’s income to pay last week’s bills. We definitely run on tight margins and so for us to take on any additional debt, [it’s] nearly impossible for us to survive.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/restaurant-owners-ask-trump-for-ppp-fixes-trump-response-my-news-negates-what-you-just-said-183245117.html

5 replies, 793 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Restaurant owners ask Trump for PPP fixes. Trump response: 'My news negates what you just said' (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 20 OP
ZZenith May 20 #1
stillcool May 20 #2
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 20 #3
captain queeg May 20 #4
bullwinkle428 May 20 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed May 20, 2020, 07:59 PM

1. They should get loans from the Russian mafia so they don't have to struggle like that.

Duh.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed May 20, 2020, 08:03 PM

2. tone deaf...

he's owned restaurants and doesn't know a damn thing about running one?

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #2)

Wed May 20, 2020, 08:05 PM

3. Hence the shitty reviews for Trump Grill

Reply to this post

Wed May 20, 2020, 08:06 PM

4. I can't imagine trump using the word "negates"

Though it’s easy to see him denying reality, he knows more than anyone about anything.

Reply to this post

Wed May 20, 2020, 08:32 PM

5. "SHUT UP! YOU'RE MESSING UP MY RE-ELECTION!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread