HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Here is a great timeline ...

Sun Apr 19, 2020, 10:36 AM

Here is a great timeline of the warnings and related actions by Trump, et al. re: pandemic prep

https://www.justsecurity.org/69650/timeline-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-and-u-s-response/

Starts out with this entry:

"Jan. 13, 2017: The joint Obama-Trump transition teams run an exercise for pandemic preparedness. Attendees include: Steven Mnuchin, Rep. Mike Pompeo, Wilbur Ross, Betsy DeVos, Dr. Ben Carson, Elaine Chao, Stephen Miller, Marc Short, Reince Priebus (resigned), Rex Tillerson (fired), Gen. James Mattis (fired), Rep. Ryan Zinke (resigned), Sen. Jeff Sessions (resigned), Sen. Dan Coats (fired), Andrew Puzder (not confirmed), Dr. Tom Price (resigned), Gov. Rick Perry (resigned), Dr. David Shulkin (fired), Gen. John Kelly (resigned), Rep. Mick Mulvaney, Linda McMahon (resigned), Sean Spicer (fired), Joe Hagin (resigned), Joshua Pitcock (resigned), Tom Bossert (fired), KT McFarland (resigned), Gen. Michael Flynn (awaiting criminal sentencing), Gary Cohn (resigned), Katie Walsh (resigned), and Rick Dearborn (resigned). "

It gets much more damning after that. This is what happens when "All government is bad / Do the opposite of Obama / Fuck everybody but me" myopic ideologues get their hands on the reins of the federal government.

4 replies, 528 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Here is a great timeline of the warnings and related actions by Trump, et al. re: pandemic prep (Original post)
zonemaster Apr 2020 OP
Turbineguy Apr 2020 #1
Iliyah Apr 2020 #2
underpants Apr 2020 #3
Ninga Apr 2020 #4

Response to zonemaster (Original post)

Sun Apr 19, 2020, 10:39 AM

1. I read:

"pandemic perp"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Apr 19, 2020, 10:47 AM

2. Senate Republicans are worthless . . ..

they had the opportunity to remove shithole on behalf of the USA's citizens and they gladly allowed him to remain to fuck up the country even more. Republicans equally have blood on their hands.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 19, 2020, 10:52 AM

3. I count 19 people fired or resigned

and that doesnít include Mulvaney (I know you copy and pasted it) and Flynn.

No excuse - enough principles who were there are still in place - but thatís an astonishing turnover.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 19, 2020, 11:19 AM

4. Thank you for posting. It is a very comprehensive timeline. I will be following the New York

University School of Law for updates.
I have shared this with my network.

It will take several more readings to digest.

We are so fucked.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread