HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Did I miss something from...

Tue Apr 7, 2020, 08:48 AM

Did I miss something from trumps crap yesterday afternoon???

Kudlow on fox talking about reopening the economy in 4 weeks due to some sort of task force the orange turd is thinking of starting?

1 replies, 667 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Did I miss something from trumps crap yesterday afternoon??? (Original post)
Watchfoxheadexplodes Apr 2020 OP
Moostache Apr 2020 #1

Response to Watchfoxheadexplodes (Original post)

Tue Apr 7, 2020, 09:34 AM

1. He can't "re-open" anything, he is nothing but a carnival barker

The economy will never return to what it was, but it will become something different. Restaurants will return, but the prices will rise to afford more private rooms and spaces inside the establishment...diners will reopen and be 100% take out for a long time (years?)...a return to a sense of 'normal' will slowly return within a few years, but that means everything that WAS, will be GONE...

Trump cannot change this trajectory no matter how much he lies, screams, berates and bullies people. This is beyond him and his limited toolbox and it is beyond an uncaring GOP that lacks empathy or good intentions.

The economy is not 'closed', it was scared to death. Resurrecting it is not going to be a quick fix. Things are not going to roar back, they are going to crawl back...it will be far more people putting a toe in the water first than simply cannoballing in right away...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread