HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Vaccine Activism: The Day...

Fri Mar 27, 2020, 11:18 PM

Vaccine Activism: The Day The Vaxxed Bus Came To Town

This January, a few days after our local SkeptiCamp, the Vaxxed bus visited Monterey, California. Itís a problem anytime the Vaxxed bus visits anywhere, but this was my city and I wasnít happy about it.

First a bit of information. Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe is an American pseudoscience ďdocumentaryĒ directed by discredited doctor Andrew Wakefield and Produced by Del Bigtree. It was released in 2016 and has been a thorn in the science world ever since. The documentary is about a senior scientist whistleblower at the CDC. For the sake of brevity, letís just say that Vaxxed is pseudoscientific nonsense that seeks to keep people from getting vaccinated. Iím sure they would argue with that description.

In 2016, Vaxxed sent around a large bus to communities where people could visit and record their stories about how vaccines have harmed them. People write their names on the outside of the bus. The 2019 sequel, Vaxxed II: The Peopleís Truth, tells those stories.

When I learned that the Vaxxed bus was visiting Fishermanís Wharf in Monterey, California, I saw red. The idea of their nonsense being pushed in our area and a group of unvaccinated people mingling with people in a popular tourist destination was too much for me.

I might have overreacted.

https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive/vaccine-activism-the-day-the-vaxxed-bus-came-to-town/

3 replies, 414 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Vaccine Activism: The Day The Vaxxed Bus Came To Town (Original post)
yortsed snacilbuper Mar 27 OP
CaliforniaPeggy Mar 28 #1
yortsed snacilbuper Mar 28 #3
Haggis for Breakfast Mar 28 #2

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sat Mar 28, 2020, 12:07 AM

1. I read the whole article. It's great!

And it's easy to read and understand.

Thanks for the post, my dear yortsed snacilbuper!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Reply #1)

Sat Mar 28, 2020, 12:38 AM

3. You are very welcome Peggy,

glad you liked it!

Al

Reply to this post

Response to yortsed snacilbuper (Original post)

Sat Mar 28, 2020, 12:28 AM

2. Wakefield has been stripped of his medical license

by the UK. He will never get another license to practice medicine. Anywhere.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread