HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OUT NEWS Trump's Bible te...

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:34 PM

OUT NEWS Trump's Bible teacher says gays among those to blame for COVID-19

In a blog post titled “Is God Judging America Today?” a pastor who leads a weekly bible study group for President Donald Trump and members of his Cabinet blamed the coronavirus pandemic on several groups, including those who have “a proclivity toward lesbianism and homosexuality.”

America “is experiencing the consequential wrath of God,” the Rev. Ralph Drollinger wrote on his Capitol Ministries blog on March 21.

In addition to gays and lesbians, Drollinger — a former professional basketball player who The New York Times recently referred to as Trump’s “shadow diplomat” — also laid blame on people with “depraved minds,” environmentalists and those who deny the existence of God.

Alphonso David, president of the national LGBTQ advocacy group Human Rights Campaign, said “Drollinger’s horrific assertions are ludicrous” and said his “shameful views cannot be ignored.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-s-bible-teacher-says-gays-among-those-blame-covid-n1168981

10 replies, 516 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply OUT NEWS Trump's Bible teacher says gays among those to blame for COVID-19 (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 25 OP
dhol82 Mar 25 #1
struggle4progress Mar 25 #2
IcyPeas Mar 25 #3
BGBD Mar 25 #4
milestogo Mar 25 #5
Blue_true Mar 25 #6
cynatnite Mar 25 #7
Initech Mar 25 #8
Behind the Aegis Mar 26 #9
roamer65 Mar 26 #10

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:38 PM

1. Well, of course that's the answer!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:43 PM

2. ... As I live, says the Lord God, your sister Sodom and her daughters have not done as you

and your daughters have done. This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty, and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them when I saw it ... So be ashamed, you also, and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous ...

Ezekiel 16

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 10:05 PM

3. Those darn tree-huggers

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 10:10 PM

4. Not shocking

I have a coworker who listed to American Family Radio non-stop all day. I went into his office one day last week and heard somebody on it say that the only city that really needed to lockdown was San Francisco because all gay men have compromised immune systems. You know, because of the butt stuff.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 10:15 PM

5. God is killing old people and people with compromised health because he's mad at the gays.

Sounds like a terrific guy.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 11:13 PM

6. Maybe God is pissed because they are worshiping a con man

I wonder whether they ever self-reflect long enough to contemplate that.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 11:17 PM

7. Well, I've got news for him...

This is going to kill Christians, Southerners, Republicans, Gays, Straights, children, teenagers, and every other demographic you care to name.

Atheists, environmentalists, gays, Christians and any other other group you care to name will survive as well.

Infectious disease doesn't give a shit who it kills and it's not taking directions from gawd.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 11:26 PM

8. Oh fuck off!!!

That might have worked in 2001, but it definitely does not work in 2020. Seriously, piss off, Drollinger.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 26, 2020, 12:24 AM

9. It's odd to see environmentalist blamed, but gays, yeah, that's par for the course.

Gays are to "blame" because we lead sinful "lifestyles" (BTW, if you fancy yourself a liberal or progressive, DON'T EVER and I mean FUCKING NEVER refer to the LGBT community's being as a "lifestyle"!!!! and !!!! NOT EVER!!!!). Of course, it didn't take long for many to blame the Jews and Israel. As a member of two of three, EVERY time there is a disaster, we know we will be blamed by the RW nut jobs, but, every now and again, it starts to seep into the mainstream, or rather, the less-than-crazy population. Because of where this virus appears to have first appeared, Asians and Asian-Americans are also getting blamed.

STOP THE MADNESS!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 26, 2020, 12:26 AM

10. Churches are to blame for the spread of COVID-45.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread