HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Completely Dangerous and ...

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 08:45 PM

Completely Dangerous and Unacceptable,' Ocasio-Cortez Says of Impending Senate Recess....

"Completely Dangerous and Unacceptable,' Ocasio-Cortez Says of Impending Senate Recess in Midst of Coronavirus Crisis

From the article:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was among a number of progressives angered by news Wednesday that the Senate intends to take a long recess—reportedly until April 20—while the coronavirus crisis roils the country and threatens the lives and economic well-being of millions of Americans.
"This is completely dangerous and unacceptable," the freshmen Democrat from New York tweeted.

Brooklyn-based activist Linda Sarsour also took to Twitter to express her disgust with the lawmakers' decision.
"We have a crisis of leadership in this country," said Sarsour. "They are giving up and we are not even at peak yet with the virus. Leaving the America people out to dry."

To read more:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/25/completely-dangerous-and-unacceptable-ocasio-cortez-says-impending-senate-recess?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Daily%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Email

3 replies, 505 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Completely Dangerous and Unacceptable,' Ocasio-Cortez Says of Impending Senate Recess.... (Original post)
guillaumeb Mar 25 OP
jimfields33 Mar 25 #1
guillaumeb Mar 25 #2
jimfields33 Mar 25 #3

Response to guillaumeb (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:23 PM

1. I'm torn actually

I think they all need to stop being in one building. They are not immune to this at all. I wish videoconferencing was available to Congress. I guess it is but it’d be quite an ordeal I would imagine. I want congress to be safe.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jimfields33 (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:25 PM

2. I am certain that they could set up screens arund every member. Or meet in a large hall.

Reply to this post

Response to guillaumeb (Reply #2)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:28 PM

3. Good points

They need to do something. Having 100 people plus staffers in one area definitely not six feet between them is not good. And that’s just the senate. The house has 4 times that amount.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread