HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I've been following the s...

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 12:31 PM

I've been following the statistics at worldometers

Its still pretty early and especially in the case of the US weve been late on testing and the numbers are starting to climb quickly. But, when I look at the top of the chart listing the advanced countries with large populations, I noticed something. The countries that are known for their mathematical education, like China, Japan, S Korea, and Germany are all at 2 or less deaths per million; their populations understand a basic mathematical concept like exponential growth and are willing to take drastic actions. Of course for the moment the US is still at 2 per million deaths but Im quite sure that number will be rising dramatically very soon.

1 replies, 525 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply I've been following the statistics at worldometers (Original post)
captain queeg Mar 25 OP
defacto7 Mar 25 #1

Response to captain queeg (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 12:41 PM

1. That is a very interesting observation.

I might add that there is something about their care that keeps the fatality rate lower. The German public was very lackadaisical and scheptical at the beginning which translates into their high rate of infection but their medical prowess is keeping the deaths low. I have family in one of the hardest hit regions and their early attitude I know first hand.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread