HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » dont flush improvised toi...

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 07:30 AM

dont flush improvised toilet tissue says wastewater management officials. put in trash

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Because-of-TP-shortage-people-are-using-wipes-15154769.php

Thanks to people hoarding toilet paper during the coronavirus pandemic, some Californians have completely run out of bathroom tissue.

So what do they do when nature calls? They improvise.

And that, communities are discovering, can cause problems. Big, stinky, overflowing problems.

In Redding, Calif., wastewater management officials said someone apparently used shredded T-shirts as a toilet paper substitute, according to the Redding Searchlight.

While the soiled rags evidently passed through the sewer line of the personís residence, they snagged on pumps at a lift station on one of cityís sewer lines. If workers hadnít taken quick action to clear the clog, a dangerous brown spill might have occurred.

Meanwhile, Napa Sanitation District officials posted a picture Monday on Facebook of hundreds of flushed wet wipes captured by a single screen at the districtís pump station in Napa. The district reminded people to flush only toilet paper and human waste down the toilet.

ďRemember to never flush wipes, paper towels, or tissues because they clog the pipes! Throw all wipes and other materials in the trash can!Ē the post read.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Because-of-TP-shortage-people-are-using-wipes-15154769.php

2 replies, 334 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply dont flush improvised toilet tissue says wastewater management officials. put in trash (Original post)
Demovictory9 Mar 25 OP
Rorey Mar 25 #1
Demovictory9 Mar 25 #2

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 08:19 AM

1. And seal your trash

That's what the instruction is where I live, but I've always made sure my trash was sealed anyway. Plus, I do have tp, purchased way before the great tp panic buying started.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Rorey (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 11:20 AM

2. people looking for recyclables break open the bags

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread