HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trumps stock market obses...

Tue Mar 24, 2020, 06:33 PM

Trumps stock market obsession will kill us all

The pro corporate rethugs will kill more Americans than all the wars weíve been in combined. Back in 89 when the Berlin Wall fell and Soviet Union collapsed I was worried. Even though the soviet version of communism didnít do so well, the mere fact there was a competing worldwide ideology, I think it helped keep corporate greed in check to some degree. From the time Reagan came along and the Soviet Union collapsed the US has become increasingly owned by the rich and corporations. If you ever seen those history channel shows, the 100 greatest inventions, they are things that made life easier for humans. I saw something similar elsewhere, donít remember where. That show claimed the limited liability corporation was the greatest invention ever. It made me gag to hear that, certainly rich people would agree.

2 replies, 294 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trumps stock market obsession will kill us all (Original post)
captain queeg Mar 24 OP
Buckeye_Democrat Mar 24 #1
captain queeg Mar 24 #2

Response to captain queeg (Original post)

Tue Mar 24, 2020, 06:49 PM

1. Money should be a tool to serve humanity.

Itís increasingly something that must be served.

I agree that Reagan was a turning point, but banks and financial institutions were also being deregulated going back to the 70ís.

Iím old enough to remember when the freakiní stock market wasnít an obsession of common people. That was something for the lazy do-nothings, making money from their money, to watch.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Buckeye_Democrat (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 24, 2020, 09:06 PM

2. Yeah I can remember at the end of the nightly newscasts there'd be a brief mention of stocks

After the Vietnam body counts. They were keeping score on that one too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread