HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This is Fort Bragg's FOB-...

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 11:15 PM

This is Fort Bragg's FOB-style quarantine

The Army has set up remote facilities on Fort Bragg, North Carolina, for paratroopers returning from overseas and entering quarantine during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, division officials said.

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division have been returning from deployments to Kuwait and Afghanistan and entering quarantine since the weekend. So far, they’ve been put up in barracks on post, with the exception of the first night, when some paratroopers returned and had to shelter in a PAX shed near the airfield typically used before parachute jumps.

The more remote facilities include “Gyms In a Box," internet services, mobile laundry units, catered food services through a contractor, mobile restrooms and showers. Catered food includes two hot meals and a cold one, which would be a sandwich meal for lunch.

“USO is really chipping in and helping out with hygiene kits,” said division spokesman Lt. Col. Mike Burns. “There’s a theater screen out here. We’re trying to do everything we can to make it comfortable.”

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/03/19/this-is-fort-braggs-fob-style-quarantine/?fbclid=IwAR3bFUElQ7TPUV2cm_XB9_ubd630l05WgQ0Qql4qU3-HGFeHeaKj_it-_iU

3 replies, 611 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply This is Fort Bragg's FOB-style quarantine (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 23 OP
pat_k Mar 23 #1
Anon-C Mar 23 #2
NewDayOranges Mar 24 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 11:20 PM

1. WTF? "Quarantined" in groups? No testing mentioned? Housed together in "PAX shed"?

Why the hell weren't they tested before getting on a flight home?

Am I missing something?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 11:33 PM

2. I miss Bragg!

Reply to this post

Response to Anon-C (Reply #2)

Tue Mar 24, 2020, 01:38 AM

3. Me, too! I was stationed there from '82-'86...

I had my first child, a daughter, at Womack Army Community Hospital...

I have a lot of fond memories of Ft Bragg!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread