HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP senator defends corpo...

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 04:53 PM

GOP senator defends corporate bailouts: They're just 'a lot of people'

By Dan Desai Martin and Oliver Willis -March 23, 2020 12:23 PM

Big business has traditionally spent the bulk of its free cash on buying its own stock.

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley (R) on Monday defended a failed Republican stimulus package that Democrats blocked over the weekend, due to concerns that the bill unfairly skewed in favor of corporations.

From the March 23 edition of "The Hugh Hewitt Show":

SEN. CHUCK GRASSLEY (R-IA): And the other thing is, he [Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer] says it's a bailout for corporations. What are corporations? They're a lot of people. Ninety percent of them are probably employees.

And in this tax bill, we have a lot of liquidity for these businesses to keep people on the payroll and we have a big help for small business. Just think of 750,000 restaurant workers going to ó probably laid off already. And small business task force has loan programs that are forgivable loans if the, if the restaurants keep their people on the payroll.

https://americanindependent.com/chuck-grassley-coronavirus-bailouts-corporations-people-senate-gop-iowa/

And I guess asshole that money can talk.................english....................I never had a dollar bill sitting in class with me dumbshit or a fucking xyz corporation sitting in class assigned to desk......................and to top it all off you said these words of libertarian wisdom............................

Back in 2017, while defending the GOP tax bill, which benefited corporations and the super wealthy, Grassley claimed that assisting investors was more important that helping those who did not put their money into the market.

He claimed those who did not invest their money were instead "spending every darn penny they have, whether itís on booze or women or movies."

Published with permission of The American Independent Foundation.

7 replies, 492 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP senator defends corporate bailouts: They're just 'a lot of people' (Original post)
turbinetree Mar 23 OP
pwb Mar 23 #1
handmade34 Mar 23 #3
Under The Radar Mar 23 #4
DBoon Mar 23 #2
magicarpet Mar 23 #5
tblue37 Mar 23 #6
Roland99 Mar 23 #7

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 04:55 PM

1. I thought a Corporation was a person?

They should get what everybody else gets $1200 .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to pwb (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 04:57 PM

3. "corporations

are people, my friends"

yes, each corporation should get 1 payment of $1200

Reply to this post

Response to pwb (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 04:59 PM

4. a "person" pays a higher tax rate than 0

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 04:57 PM

2. coporations are persons after all

cruel, cheap, selfish, immoral persons

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 05:08 PM

5. Corporations are people,

Just a big bunch of people,

They are very rich people,
Republicans never want to see rich people become poor or suffer.

So Republicans give rich people no strings handouts and bailouts when things go financially bad.

Then these rich corporation people and their rich people owners give us kickbacks and political contributions, jobs to our rich crony friends and our children, and often put us on the board of directors of these rich people person corporations.

Rich people live like royalty and kings. We know how to feather their nests and quietly assist them financially - so they then reward us very handsomely.

The unwashed lower class white trash don't have the financial resources to reward us - so fuck them.

Is that being too honest ?

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 05:23 PM

6. Mitt Romney in 2012, "Corporations are people, my friend." nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread