HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Coronavirus: Germany 'fla...

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 12:03 PM

Coronavirus: Germany 'flattens the curve' as Spain pandemic cases surge (Sky News)

The pandemic continues to take hold across the world, but data in Germany and China shows infection rates may be slowing.

Monday 23 March 2020 15:15, UK

Germany's coronavirus infection curve could have now flattened, according to the country's public health chief, as cases across elsewhere in Europe and the US continue to surge.

On Monday, the country said that the upward trend it was seeing in the number of COVID-19 cases seems to be levelling off, in part thanks to social distancing measures to deal with the outbreak. Lothar Wieler, head of the country's health institute, said: "We are seeing signs that the exponential growth curve is flattening off slightly. "But I will only be able to confirm this trend definitively on Wednesday."

In Spain however, cases have continued to surge, with 4,517 more people diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last day - a rise of 15% on the previous day. The total number of confirmed cases in the country stands at 33,089 - the second highest number in Europe. 2,182 people have now died in Spain, after testing positive for COVID-19.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-germany-flattens-the-curve-as-spain-pandemic-cases-surge-11962392

3 replies, 614 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Coronavirus: Germany 'flattens the curve' as Spain pandemic cases surge (Sky News) (Original post)
bronxiteforever Mar 23 OP
DarthDem Mar 23 #1
bronxiteforever Mar 23 #2
DarthDem Mar 23 #3

Response to bronxiteforever (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 12:23 PM

1. Excellent news about Germany if so!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DarthDem (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 12:24 PM

2. Yes! Sounds like they will know on Wednesday.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reply to this post

Response to bronxiteforever (Reply #2)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 01:18 PM

3. Me too!

I've been watching Italy's utterly tragic numbers as well for signs of hope.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread