HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » New Report: 3 Feet Social...

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:26 AM

New Report: 3 Feet Social Distancing Not Working!

Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074351/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

Finally! This explains the massive tank trucks and hazmat suited armies of workers spraying every square inch of roads, airports, cars driving by, the sides of buildings - offices filled with workers -everything!

Spraying the air!

Wearing hazmat suits!

Not just cleaning women wiping several airplane trays with one Clorox Wipe wearing little protection! 🤯🤯🤯 America 🤯🤯🤯

In short, a virus filled sneeze can linger in the air for 30 minutes! And live for days on things like salad bars, buffets, & produce! according to this study.

Authorities advise people to stay 1-2 metres apart, but researchers found that a bus passenger infected fellow travellers sitting 4.5 metres away

The scientists behind the research said their investigation also highlighted the importance of wearing face masks because of the length of time it can linger

Sadly, after the published study was released, it was censored; however, it was captured and released by others.

Again, for high risk individuals of any age, please read and follow the recommendations. Actually, stay home as much as possible as this virus peaks in the upcoming three months.

Maybe beg your local governments to take extraordinary steps to disinfect your area!

Here is a report from an Italian Doctor depicting the medical disaster for high risk patients in Italy’s overwhelmed medical system. High risk patients are not treated!

An excerpt:

5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.

6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213066858

Lastly, this article explains the speed of spread & fears of overwhelming medical services.

HELP SLOW the spread!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213067130

Namaste
✨✨🙏✨✨

12 replies, 1622 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Report: 3 Feet Social Distancing Not Working! (Original post)
OhNo-Really Mar 2020 OP
Mike 03 Mar 2020 #1
OhNo-Really Mar 2020 #6
Mike 03 Mar 2020 #9
OhNo-Really Mar 2020 #11
procon Mar 2020 #2
durablend Mar 2020 #5
sl8 Mar 2020 #7
OhNo-Really Mar 2020 #10
GemDigger Mar 2020 #3
LineNew Reply .
dalton99a Mar 2020 #4
OhNo-Really Mar 2020 #8
msongs Mar 2020 #12

Response to OhNo-Really (Original post)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:31 AM

1. Maybe an important article, but the study was retracted:

Note: The study at the centre of this article on the transmission of the coronavirus was retracted on Tuesday by the journal Practical Preventive Medicine without giving a reason. The South China Morning Post has reached out to the paper's authors and will update the article.

But it's a terrifying article if true. "Lingering" in the air for 30 minutes? How do you defeat a virus that can do this?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Mike 03 (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:54 AM

6. It's China! The 1st Doc was arrested for reporting the outbreak. He died of coronavirus soon after

Reply to this post

Response to OhNo-Really (Reply #6)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

9. I understand.

I wrote that it was an interesting and frightening article.

I just want to know if there is any other coronavirus that survives "in the air" for 30 minutes, as is claimed in the article.

Some of the claims made in the article should be inspected by people with expertise in epidemiology or virology IMO.

If that claim were true, that you could walk through a place where someone with the virus sneezed thirty minutes ago and get infected, and that most people who walked through that "cloud" before you became infected, you would expect an unimaginable number of infections. Much of the advice being given by the WHO and CDC would be a moot point. So far, no western experts have alleged this virus can survive for half an hour in the air.

Let's just see if the journal provides a sensible explanation for the retraction of the article. That's all I'm saying.

Reply to this post

Response to Mike 03 (Reply #9)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 11:47 AM

11. Yes. Excellent points all

I found this article while doing hours of online research to try to explain the huge spraying of disinfectants into offices & streets etc

The 100% quarantine in China and now Italy. My spidey sensors sensed something more than is being reported.

That is how Infound this article and, quite frankly, believe China believes this study.

Time will tell. I hope and pray it is not true but believe it is. It is a case study of a bus load of passenger captured with CCTV infected

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:37 AM

2. Who censored the report?

I'm gonna guess Trump, but why? People need that information to make informed decisions about how to keep themselves and their families safe. What's the point of hiding information, certainly Trump isn't putting out a public blitz to educate a worried public.

Is Trump's ego really so fragile he would rather put Americans at greater risk than let them learn the truth?

Reply to this post

Response to procon (Reply #2)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:52 AM

5. Yes ?

"Is Trump's ego really so fragile he would rather put Americans at greater risk than let them learn the truth?"

Stock market + re-election. That's ALL he's concerned with.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 11:12 AM

7. A Chinese study, authored by Chinese gov't epidemiologists, published in a Chinese journal.

Trump wouldn't be my first guess as to who's behind the retraction.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 11:14 AM

10. I'm guessing same ppl that arrested first doc to report the new coronavirus and since died from same

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

3. K & R

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 10:52 AM

4. .

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #4)

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

8. It's China 🇨🇳. The report was published

It explains the massive tank trucks spraying high into the air

“ The South China Morning Post has reached out to the paper's authors and will update the article.”

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 10, 2020, 01:28 PM

12. one doubts that spraying everything is an effective response.nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread