HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » To Downplay This Pandemic...

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 01:18 PM

To Downplay This Pandemic is Truly Criminal!

This is a very real crises in the making and the White House response has been both pathetic and irresponsible to say the least. In fact, it is counterproductive and will lead to more illness and death than if we had thrown everything we had at it after seeing the results in China.

No amount of rhetoric or pods of talking heads can obscure the facts of what is happening now and Italy and Iran, for instance. That's where this is going for us and especially so if the Executive Branch can't or won't do its job and honor its sworn oath to serve and protect us first and foremost. The are of breaking the deal is in full progress now.

Trump is acting like a theater owner who tells the person at the booth to keep selling tickets and let people in while the theater is on fire in the back.

There isn't any excuse for this that nullifies the complete neglect of public safety or justifies any hidden agenda's that Trump has in mind for this crises. He will, of course, try to capitalize on this and utilize it to continue to break down our system and seize more control. You can count on that. It is a win/win in his mind, to me.

If more people become seriously ill and the fatality rate becomes higher due to this insane debacle at the helm, then that is criminal and not just neglect of duty. Trump is more like the Grim Reaper than a President. He is Dr. Death and means to prove that for the rest of his term.

2 replies, 320 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply To Downplay This Pandemic is Truly Criminal! (Original post)
Newest Reality Mar 9 OP
customerserviceguy Mar 9 #1
Newest Reality Mar 9 #2

Response to Newest Reality (Original post)

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 03:31 PM

1. Would you include

the World Health Organization in your criticism? I do, because they've refused (so far) to label this a pandemic.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to customerserviceguy (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 04:01 PM

2. I don't know enough

about their internals to do that.

I usually investigate things before I make a comment, when I can.

Do you know what criteria they use to determine that? Are we laypeople just not aware of what thresholds they use to make it official? This looks like something to investigate considering that timing is very important.

My feeling on that, though, is that yes, I would if their is no justifiable reason for it.

Oh, and aren't they struggling for financing? I read something to that effect in relation to the Trump cuts for the CDC, etc.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread