HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » First time I've seen Trum...

Fri Mar 6, 2020, 10:50 PM

First time I've seen Trumpers stop and "think"

Had two conversations today with people Iíve known a while who are among the smarter people I know who are Trump fans (for one itís all about his 401(k) and taxes, for the other itís her fanatical homophobia since her husband left her for a guy).
I asked them both, if this virus really goes wild and gets even more deadly, and they quit reporting the number of cases and start reporting deaths, perhaps a thousand a day in the US, who would you rather have in charge of the government: Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden, or Donald Trump.
I was surprised that neither would insist that Trump would be the better choice.

2 replies, 1513 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply First time I've seen Trumpers stop and "think" (Original post)
SCantiGOP Mar 2020 OP
Warpy Mar 2020 #1
phylny Mar 2020 #2

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Sat Mar 7, 2020, 01:46 AM

1. Well, that 401K is now a 3.701K

and perhaps time and reflection are taking the edge off the bitterness for the other.

In the meantime, nothing shows incompetence quite like a very real crisis that an incompetent man is trying to gaslight away.

Had the Orange Excrescence not eliminated the possibility of a GOP primary, he might have been primaried out by a more sensible choice like Weld, who isn't terrible, just wrong. As it is, the choice couldn't be more stark.

It's hard to say what they'll do at the polls. My own dad was tax phobic, so he hadn't voted for a Democrat since Adlai Stevenson. Dubya was just bad enough, though, and his last vote was for John Kerry, so I suppose there is hope.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Sat Mar 7, 2020, 07:03 AM

2. About a month ago, I wrote here that my 92-year-old father changed his

party affiliation to "Independent" and said Trump is "insane." Well, I went out to dinner the other night with two friends who really are reasonable people and were staunch Trump supporters (oxymoron, I know). Their opinions now? He's "an idiot."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread