HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So Much Wrong With Mornin...

Thu Mar 5, 2020, 11:14 AM

So Much Wrong With Morning Joe's Attack On Bernie's Proposed Spending

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by NancyBlueINOklahoma (a host of the General Discussion forum).

Politics 3/05/20 4:46am Read time: 2 minute

As usual, media talking heads accidentally "forget" to disclose their own conflicts.
By Susie Madrak

've been waiting for a good time to bring this up, and today's the day. Morning Joe featured Steve Rattner talking about the cost of various Bernie Sanders programs, including Medicare for All, education spending, and the Green New Deal. (Joe Scarborough loves to present himself as a fiscal conservative, so he loves himself some pearl clutching over the budget.)

Now, Steve Rattner was an Obama adviser, and was a major Democratic fundraiser. He started out after college writing about economics and eventually became the New York Times economic reporter. From there, he began working in investment banking and then in private equity. Naturally, he became rich. Unlike a lot of rich people, he seems like a decent guy. He's a calm, rational sort, and I rarely take exception to his views.

But here's the part that really irks me.

Today he's on Morning Joe, criticizing the huge amount of money that Bernie calls for spending.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/03/so-much-wrong-morning-joes-attack-bernies

3 replies, 406 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply So Much Wrong With Morning Joe's Attack On Bernie's Proposed Spending (Original post)
turbinetree Mar 2020 OP
stonecutter357 Mar 2020 #1
Me. Mar 2020 #2
OKNancy Mar 2020 #3

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Thu Mar 5, 2020, 11:17 AM

1. lol !

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 5, 2020, 11:37 AM

2. Is He Wrong About The Numbers?

and if not, what's the real reason for her being irked?

Thu Mar 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

3. Locking - wrong forum

Sanders is a primary candidate.