HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » First European dies from ...

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 08:54 PM

First European dies from coronavirus in Italy

The first European to succumb to the coronavirus has died in Italy, just hours after 10 towns were locked down following a flurry of new cases.

A 78-year old Italian from the Veneto region who had tested positive for the virus died in hospital, where he had recovered some 10 days earlier for an unrelated health issue, Italy's health minister said.

Adriano Trevisan was a retired bricklayer and one of two with the disease in the region, while 15 other people were discovered to have caught the virus in Lombardy, which took immediate measures to isolate affected areas.

Five doctors and 10 other people tested positive for the virus in Lombardy, after apparently frequenting the same bar and group of friends, with two other cases in Veneto, authorities said at a press conference.

https://news.yahoo.com/first-european-dies-coronavirus-italy-001157778.html

1 replies, 330 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply First European dies from coronavirus in Italy (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Feb 2020 OP
PoindexterOglethorpe Feb 2020 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 08:58 PM

1. I don't want to seem callous, but this man was 78 years old.

I also wonder if he was a smoker. It appears that most people who die from this corona virus actually die from acute respiratory distress syndrome, which is made vastly worse for smokers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread